cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Expired?

Indigo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey there,

so this has happened twice now. I have had more than rnough available funds in my account, yet one day BEFORE my plan is set to renew, it expires. What is up with this? It is really annoying me. Why fill up my account if this is just going to continue happening? I havent been able to use my phone at all today.

also,

Why in the world do I get two different dates my plan renews on? Its either the 20th on self serve, or the 21st on SMS. These issues are realllllly bugging me.

18 REPLIES 18

@ErnieC88I think it would be best if you direct your post to the management or maybe the moderators, as they don't read all the posts on this forum. We are all just regular Public Mobile users here with no say other than what Public Mobile offers us.

ErnieC88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is really poor communications and design to make a statement whichc is not true but is misleading and upsetting, especially when the system can easily check if an account is on AUTOPAY.

Why not have an accurate interface? 

The system states in several places the day before top-up that "your account has expired" and "your account has been suspended" when it is not true....STOP IT!

Furthermore, after I pay for data top-up it does not show up for many hours, and I can't run the Internet.

Shape up, please.

rifat

I have also activated autopay. Even though my plan is of $15/month, I paid $25 in case. Now I am seeing that the SIM card was blocked. I am not getting any service. This is really frustrating. The whole day is like this today. Any idea how will I get my service back?

nadsan71

Thanks for the info as I am new to public mobile I thought the line would be cut. I am on auto pay so I guess I’ll be ok. 

jonathanlee

With me, despite using autopay, I paid my account manually after checking the amount I owe on the rewards page, once rewards money gets deducted. Then I also recently got a plan expired notification on the self serve. I knew this was temporary even though I was confused. Sure enough, I got a text notifying me of what rewards were applied, and when logging back into self serve, my account was active again and my plan renewed. I thought also it would happen at midnight-2am. But it doesn’t. 

@jeromegv wrote:

Hello

My service stopped working today. I never got any SMS notification that my plan was about to expire.

Anyway, I've re-added money in my account but my account is still disabled. There is enough funds to pay for my plan but it still says plan expired

What can I do?

What plan did you have that expired ? If you had limited number of calls, perhaps you've reached your limit.

jeromegv

Hello

My service stopped working today. I never got any SMS notification that my plan was about to expire.

Anyway, I've re-added money in my account but my account is still disabled. There is enough funds to pay for my plan but it still says plan expired

What can I do?

AngeeDee

This is the second time for me too in just the last few months. Extremely annoying being without a phone suddenly. Hopefully these glitches are fixed soon. 

@mike-oui

Did you use up all your minutes/data?  What is your account status?  active?

If your due date is 28th, it will roll over at 11:59 PM EST on that date if you are on autopay or have sufficient funds in your balance.  

mike-oui

It is frustrating. I am 3 days out from my bill due date and I have no service. If my bill due date is the 28th is that when my services roll over/re-activate?

Indigo

@dna2016 I am on AutoPay, and I have been ever since I joined in like February or something.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Indigo, recommend (if possible), just get set up on autopay.  I've been on autopay for 1.5 years and have never had a problem.  Yes I still get those PM text messages saying to pay by such date, but I know that's just a standard text that everyone gets, so I just ignore them because I know my autopay is set up, and of course no problems at renewal.  And to top it off I get $2 off each month (free money).    So free money each month, plus no risk of having account suspended, makes sense to get autopay to me.

Indigo

Hi, @Carld123,

thanks for the support. Yes, I did try to use my included talk and text and it would not work. Where it usually says Public Mobile on my phone, it says No Service.

maiamendi

It usually says expired for me aswell because it says I don't have sufficient funds. But to avoid putting more money that you need, I would click on the option that gives you the choice to put how much you want to put insted of the "amount due" one. For example if my plan costs 35$ each month (22nd of every month), I usually pay 35$ (then they charge you the taxes) on the 21st. 

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@IndigoDon't worry, last week my account also shows expired on the renew date, that's normal on a renewal day. As long as you are on AutoPay or have enough balance to renew the plan and your services are working, you're good. The status will change to Active by the morning.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Indigo

The question about plan expiry was well answered above...curious about the fact you weren't able to use your service...did you try it or just assume it wasn't working due to the message showing in self serve?

That happens to everyone every month. As long as you have autopay or enough funds in the account it will change back to Active by tomorrow. If it doesn't and your service stops, and you know the funds are available, contact a moderator for support.

@Indigo wrote:

Hey there,

so this has happened twice now. I have had more than rnough available funds in my account, yet one day BEFORE my plan is set to renew, it expires. What is up with this? It is really annoying me. Why fill up my account if this is just going to continue happening? I havent been able to use my phone at all today.

also,

Why in the world do I get two different dates my plan renews on? Its either the 20th on self serve, or the 21st on SMS. These issues are realllllly bugging me.

The plan isn't necessarily expired when it says that.  It says this to everyone near the renewal.  it really means if you don't pay soon (when it tries to renew that plan, that it will expire).

If you have enough money in the account, or if you're on autopay (and are sure the charge will go through fine), ignore the messaage.  The expired and suspended messages are essentially meaningless.  If your service is working, you're fine (at least for now).

For your current renewal, 20th is the last day that you've already paid for. 21st in the first day of the new billing cycle.  Public Mobile will charge you and try to renew your service some time on the 21st, although it doesn't happen right at midnight.

Need Help? Let's chat.