cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Expired - account - Won't accept new credit card information - SOLVED

Yessi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

UDPATED: I changed all mentions of deactivation to plan expired.

----

UPDATED AGAIN: I solved this by making my payment using a DIFFERENT credit card from the prompt on the Plan page. I'm not sure why it was rejecting my main credit card, possibly because it was removed earlier from the account and then I was attempting to re-add it.

Thanks community!!!

-----

I have two PM accounts, one under my name and one under my husband's. Both use the same card number.

When I was issued a new credit card with a new expiry date, I changed it on my own account but not his, so his account payments have lapsed and are marked as "Plan Expired".

I'm trying to get this rectified immediately as he needs his phone for work. However, when I enter my credit card details on his account, it won't accept it. I am inputting everything correctly, but I might have removed the same credit card earlier -- and I wonder if that's causing the problem.

Can I link my accounts or have someone help me with this asap please?

14 REPLIES 14

sturmfreibear
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why don't you get a payment voucher from Circle K or some other supermarket to get it working for now and then try to sort out the credit card bit with the moderator later? 

Yessi

Husband emailed me to tell me the phone isn't working. Hmm.

The Plan Expired message is a bit misleading. Today is the last day of your current service. Sometime after midnight, PM will charge the cc that's on file for any amount due. If his phone is working right now, add your cc to that account and all should be ok. Keep us posted.

@Yessi wrote:

If anyone's curious, I tried another credit card and it was also rejected (with zero reason to be.)

So I think what happened is that I updated my credit card info (it worked the first time) but the "Plan Expired" wasn't going away, so I removed that credit card thinking it was still looking at the old version with the old expiration date. And now when I try to re-enter it, it gets rejected.

So, all in all, because I already tried a different payment method, I don't think it's the best idea for me to buy vouchers (I'd have to purchase 3 due to their limited value) lest they also fail.

Waiting for a mod's reply. Does it usually take a long time?

I could take up to 48 hours for a reply...but usually much less. Good luck.

Yessi

If anyone's curious, I tried another credit card and it was also rejected (with zero reason to be.)

So I think what happened is that I updated my credit card info (it worked the first time) but the "Plan Expired" wasn't going away, so I removed that credit card thinking it was still looking at the old version with the old expiration date. And now when I try to re-enter it, it gets rejected.

So, all in all, because I already tried a different payment method, I don't think it's the best idea for me to buy vouchers (I'd have to purchase 3 due to their limited value) lest they also fail.

Waiting for a mod's reply. Does it usually take a long time?

@Yessi wrote:

Hey -- I just tried this. It's still rejecting the CC information, which I swear, I am entering correctly. Perhaps it has been tried too many times?

It is possible.  I have never encountered issues myself, so no personal experience to share concerning rejection.  Please reach out to the moderator team for assistance.  In the mean time you may want to consider using recharge.com to get a voucher to restart the service while waiting for moderator team support.  Many customers have used this service with good results. 

https://www.recharge.com/en/canada/public-mobile-top-up

@Yessi wrote:

Hey -- I just tried this. It's still rejecting the CC information, which I swear, I am entering correctly. Perhaps it has been tried too many times?

Did you use suggestion from @will13am and clear your cache browser first ?

Yessi

Yessi

Sorry! Yes you are correct. 2019-03-27_0926.png

@Yessi wrote:

Thanks, but it has not been more than 90 days. It's good for reactivation, but not accepting valid CC details.

Give some of the earlier suggestions a try and if you still can't get it to work, then reach out to the moderator team for assistance.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Yessi

Thanks, but it has not been more than 90 days. It's good for reactivation, but not accepting valid CC details.

@hairbag1 wrote:

If his account has been deactivated for 90 days or more...the account is gone and a new one needs to be started.

If less than 90 and you're having trouble renewing it; I suggest you contact a moderator. Top of page on right side look for envelope, click and send message to moderator_team.

Good luck.

It is clearly just a mis-use of terms.  If the account was deactivated, there would no longer be access to the account.  In this case, the account is just suspended. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Yessi, accounts cannot be linked.  Each account is separate and holds only one line.  Try clearing browser cache, use incognito mode.  Try also removing existing credit card and then adding new.  When entering address, leave the apartment field blank. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

If his account has been deactivated for 90 days or more...the account is gone and a new one needs to be started.

If less than 90 and you're having trouble renewing it; I suggest you contact a moderator. Top of page on right side look for envelope, click and send message to moderator_team.

Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.