cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Expired Message on Account

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi everyone, 

I am signed up for auto pay but when I login to my account today (June 04th was the day of the payment), I see the following message. Is this normal? Do any of you know why this is happening. I thought Auto pay should deduct the amount from my credit card automatically? 🙂

I made calls yesterday as well as today and sent text messages as well, so everything seemed to work normally. 😮

Untitled.png

16 REPLIES 16

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@domptg everything you are seeing is "normal" (for Public Mobile).  The day-later date you're seeing is actually the renewal date.  So, today is the payment due date (in case you don't have AutoPay enabled), and tomorrow is your actual renewal date.  However, at some point in the day on your payment due date, your self-serve account will show that your plan is expired.  This is normal (though frightening) and happens on everyone's renewal every time.  As long as your service keeps working, then you're best to not even sign into self-serve until at least noon eastern time tomorrow.  At some point tomorrow, the status should go back to "Active".  If all goes well, you will not lose service at all, despite the "expired" message you are seeing.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

domptg
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Interesting thing is that on "My Plan & Add-ons" page it says Next AutoPay: Nov 23, 2018

and on the " Overview" page it says 

• AutoPay Next Payment Date: Nov 22, 2018  This might be the key to fix the problem. Can moderators look into that? Thanks

domptg
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Same thing happend to me. My auto pay is due today Nov 22 and I already have message plan expired. My phone is working for now and hopefully the payment will be taken over night and message will disappear. We will see...

@CalvinW it is an old time bug.  they probably dont think its important to fix it.

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MoreYummy Yeah, I know why it's there. I just want to know why it never functions correctly when it comes around to plan renewal

@CalvinW Its part of the plan feature.  That's why its there

Acekiller

I just always preload my account at CT gas station to avoid any headaches

CalvinW

It’s normal for PM. Don’t know why they still didn’t bother fixing it yet 

Since you are new, its part of the public mobile self serv feature.  Kind of scary during the renewal date.  As long as service works, ignore it, its a bug.   Its part of the plan. Smiley Happy

Cheetah24
@will13am: I have no intention of staying up all night 😛

I believe you guys and as long as the phone is working I am good. 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Cheetah24, instead of staying up all night, just take a look at this thread.  This is what the account looks like later in the night before renewal completes.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Self-serv-showing-account-suspended/m-p/55...

mimmo

@Luddite wrote:

Stay up all night to see your account be "Suspended" just before the payment is taken. Robot LOL

Autopay has not failed me in 3 years.

@Luddite Just wait for your next renewal.  lol (knock on wood).

I have to agree with luddite autopay issues, even though they do come up on the forum regularly, are not a really a common issue for most users. 

Stay up all night to see your account be "Suspended" just before the payment is taken. Robot LOL

Autopay has not failed me in 3 years.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Cheetah24

@Luddite: My thoughts exactly 🙂 Although I thought I should ask anyways since I wasn't sure why that message show up. Although I didn't see a credit card transaction yet so I don't think PM deduced any amount from my account as of yet. 🙂

mimmo

its normal, only if your account has issues di you need to worry.

this is a good read https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/EXPIRED-vs-SUSPENDED-AVAILABLE-FUNDS-vs...

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Cheetah24 As long as your phone is working ignore all messages in your account. They just lead to stress and will disappear overnight.

For more fun, and to see additional PM quirks, peruse this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Bugs-and-Quirks-at-Public-Mobile/m-p/2026...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.