cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Expired; Can't reactivate

jackgrump
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Howdy! 

I went to the States recently and paid for the US roaming add-on. When it expired, PM decided that my *whole plan* expired, and killed my service.

I'm on autopay, and have been for years. Credit card is up-to-date and fine.

I can't reactivate the plan by making a payment (my balance is now way more than it needs to be - even if I weren't already on autopay anyway). 

Suspending my service by declaring my phone stolen, and then reactivating it again, does not fix the problem. 

Several times in the last three days, I've desperately needed to use my phone to get in touch with people who needed my help - all of which makes me think that maybe Public Mobile is just too unpredictable, unreliable, and quirkily buggy to be my provider.

Any ideas how I can wheedle Public Mobile into letting me use their service again?

7 REPLIES 7

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jackgrump wrote:

Howdy! 

I went to the States recently and paid for the US roaming add-on. When it expired, PM decided that my *whole plan* expired, and killed my service.

I'm on autopay, and have been for years. Credit card is up-to-date and fine.

I can't reactivate the plan by making a payment (my balance is now way more than it needs to be - even if I weren't already on autopay anyway). 

Suspending my service by declaring my phone stolen, and then reactivating it again, does not fix the problem. 

Several times in the last three days, I've desperately needed to use my phone to get in touch with people who needed my help - all of which makes me think that maybe Public Mobile is just too unpredictable, unreliable, and quirkily buggy to be my provider.

Any ideas how I can wheedle Public Mobile into letting me use their service again?

@jackgrump 

Can you confirm you are in Canada now; OR, are you still in the USA?

IF in USA, and your roaming addon is finished, then I could see why you have no services.

You would need to buy another addon to use while still in the USA.

IF in Canada, can you top up your account an additional $1 and see if the resume/reactivate options re-ignites your service?

IF CSA is needed, they are contacted by two methods, found here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

@Anonymous 

Do you see /s? Seriously I have never heard of lost/stolen not working to reactivate your services.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@jackgrump 

Well that's not good.   

I presume your account status reads "Expired" under self-serve?   It sounds as if a recent auto-renewal may have failed -  did your service recently come up from for renewal?

Are you completely unable to make a manual payment in self-serve?   Try applying a Public Mobile payment voucher (available for purchase at many locations) to the service equal to the plan amount you were on.

I presumed you've also already tried resetting network connections and removing your SIM card and reinserting it - this sometimes gets network connections re-established.

Let us know.

@jackgrump 

Contact can be made via Simple--Simon......type "cannot reactivate" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket.

To open a ticket with CSA click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot

Or explain your issue in detail and include the following in your private message:

1. Full name and address on account.
  2. Phone number, email and account pin#.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jackgrump , you have done what you are supposed to do to restore a suspended account.  If it is not working for you, please contact the customer support agents by clicking on the chat symbol on the lower right corner of the webpage and initiating a support ticket.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jackgrump : Can you post screenshots of your overview page and Payment history here (not payment card). Blank out personal inf of course.

Edit: @darlicious : please remove tongue from cheek 🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jackgrump 

Wow! I have never heard of that one. Contact customer support.

Need Help? Let's chat.