cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Deactivated

Fishpond202
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was paying my plan automatically on my credit card. My credit card was re-issued due to fraudulent charges. Thought I updated my account with Public Mobile...appears my account was suspended and I received NO notice there were issues with my pay plan. How does this work? Not one email notification of a problem??

18 REPLIES 18

Fishpond202

Thank you! Really appreciate it. 

@Fishpond202 wrote:

Thank you for this. It won’t accept the SIM card number from my original activation. Looks like I have to purchase a new one. What a cash grab. 

@Fishpond202  Don't forget to use your referral code to get the $10 OFF and cover the cost of the new sim card. 

Fishpond202

Yes, obviously, but you also get a notification when there’s an issue with your card (eg. expired, need CCV code, etc.) That’s my point: an auto email that says “payment problem”.

I understand how e-commerce works and I also believe in customer service. 

Fishpond202

Yes, I am well-aware. It’s also not good for one’s credit to pay all of these with a credit card. 
I had a list of what to change with my new card, PM was on the list, which is why I think I mistyped the number; this was also the first thing I was going in to check. People make keying errors (aka typos),  doesn’t mean their financial idiots. 

Fishpond202

It’s my son’s phone, he’s 11. Mostly uses wifi and has the phone for emergencies, His cell phone needs are basic; not that it’s any of your business. I’m not saying it’s PM’s fault, it’s mine, but people make mistakes - liking mistyping a credit card number by a digit. I checked my statement in Feb, didn’t see it but thought maybe the billing cycles were “off” and oh yeah, then a pandemic happened and attention was diverted to other things.  I just happen to think an auto-email that says “there’s a problem with your card” is basic customer service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fishpond202 wrote:

Thank you for this. It won’t accept the SIM card number from my original activation. Looks like I have to purchase a new one. What a cash grab. 

What happens dialing 611 with the PM SIM in and on?

I don't get it though. How is it that you were not aware that it had suspended? No calls, no text, no data. Do you have multiple accounts and one sits dormant never used?

I get the expectation that it should renew each time but these things happen. It wasn't PM's fault that your card changed.

Maybe think of the lack of a charge on your card as your notification. "Hey wait a minute....my PM account didn't charge. I should look into that." PM is prepaid. If you don't pay or the autopay fails then PM shrugs and thinks.."huh...oh well...I guess they didn't want to renew."

@Fishpond202 wrote:

From a technical standpoint, carriers could allow the sim card to be resused, but in most cases, it isn't allowed.  Since number portability started, I believe that most people decide to keep the phone number when switching carriers. In the past, particularly customers on postpaid accounts and plans, carriers could reactivate a plan with the old phone number if it wasn't ported out to another carrier. However, even that has time limits.

Fishpond202

I have, they were all done at the same time, more than 90 days ago. 

Fishpond202

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Fishpond202, you may also look at other automatic credit card billings to your old credit card to your new credit such as:

• internet / cable
  • hydro
  • monthly car insurance 
  • rental / mortgage payments
  • anything basically that you have used in the past...or else you will default to no payment, and thus, you will be in bigger problems!

Don't ruin that credit rating

@Fishpond202 any online service  public amazon ebay pretty well anything for that matter needs an up to date cc on file or you won't get your goods or services 

@Fishpond202  No need to start over as you account can be suspended for up to 90 days without an issue. Unfortunately, Public does not notify you when Auto-Pay fails.

Best to submit a ticket and ask them to reset your selfserve account. Then try to reactivate your account to get up and running again.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Fishpond202

Frickin’ brutal. Thanks for your reply. 

Sorry To hear that @Fishpond202 if it has been longer than 90 days, Then it's gone  and you need to start over, as you said. Here's 4 articles on activation and porting and the Refer a friend reward  if required:

1. What you require to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/what-you-need-to-activate
2.How to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up
3.How to port https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number
4. Refer a friend https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

Welcome back. Stay safe. 

Fishpond202

Yes, thought I did when I got a new card but now I can’t get in at all. Number is disconnected and will have to start over. Is there no email sent to advise there is a payment problem? 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Fishpond202 is your service working properly properly now? Thanks. Stay safe. 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Fishpond202 hi you need to update your cc in your self serve account that could be the issue if you do need to update your credit card after you do that make a manual payment for the amount owing then restart your self serve account there should be a reactivate button press that and hopefully you will be good to go Also you may have to reboot your phone good luck

Need Help? Let's chat.