cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Change and auto pay

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I made a plan change that will happen on the 25th. I will be going down from a 50 to the new 45 dollar plan. My question is, Will Auto Pay work. As it did not work last month.I double check that auto pay was enabled I just don’t want A repeat of last month when my phone got disconnected in the middle of the night because auto pay did not work when I change my plan

I went from 40 to 50 AutoPay did not work. 

Will my Phone work on the 25th??

5 REPLIES 5

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hairbag1 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@111111 I would say for you to manually make a top up of $50 (the old plan price) before the $45 is due.  I wouldn't rely on the autopay and rewards when there's been a change set to a lower-priced plan.

Just last night, my plan renewed successfully as I reduced from the $25 to $15 plan without any failures. I have Autopay enabled, so I got that reward even though I made sure to have sufficient $$ in Available Funds

Since your account have enough available fund to pay the $25 plan, we do not know whether the plan change bug was fixed or not.

The plan change bug from higher value plan to lower plan:

1.  Renewal is done using the available fund to pay for your renewal as the last step.  PM server will add rewards credits to your available fund.  This step is safe and always works.

2.  Autopay will take enough fund from autopay cc to pay for the $15 plan.  Some time fails.

3.  But PM server is checking the amount of available fund to pay for the $25 plan.  Therefore, plan change from $25 to $15 plan will fail if this bug is not fixed yet.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@111111 I would say for you to manually make a top up of $50 (the old plan price) before the $45 is due.  I wouldn't rely on the autopay and rewards when there's been a change set to a lower-priced plan.

Just last night, my plan renewed successfully as I reduced from the $25 to $15 plan without any failures. I have Autopay enabled, so I got that reward even though I made sure to have sufficient $$ in Available Funds

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@111111 wrote:

I made a plan change that will happen on the 25th. I will be going down from a 50 to the new 45 dollar plan. My question is, Will Auto Pay work. As it did not work last month.I double check that auto pay was enabled I just don’t want A repeat of last month when my phone got disconnected in the middle of the night because auto pay did not work when I change my plan

I went from 40 to 50 AutoPay did not work. 

Will my Phone work on the 25th??

Autopay SHOULD work ! Occasionally it does fail, but only rarely. To ensure a smooth renewal, I just manually add the $$ to Available Funds and it seems to work good.

PS, as long as you have Autopay enabeled, you'll still get the Autopay Reward even if you follow my direction and manually pay ahead of time.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@111111 

The recommendation is to add funds to your account a few days before renewal because autopay sometimes fail. Just leave the cc on file for the $2 reward.

Need Help? Let's chat.