cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picked the wrong plan, did not use much data, would like to switch to another plan a day after

pgrochow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I am new to this programme, and I am just in Canada for 6 weeks and I am here just for 9 more days.

I thought the cash left on my account could be used for pay as you go calls, but now i see that's not the case. And this is not what I was told by the lady I purchased the plan from at the montreal trudeau airport public mobile desk.

So I am wondering how I can change my plan so I can get some minutes, as the plan I selected is useless at the moment. I took the 1 GB data plan, and I would like to change the unlimited canada wide talk and the 500 mb plan.

7 REPLIES 7

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@pgrochow wrote:

Hi,

I am new to this programme, and I am just in Canada for 6 weeks and I am here just for 9 more days.

I thought the cash left on my account could be used for pay as you go calls, but now i see that's not the case. And this is not what I was told by the lady I purchased the plan from at the montreal trudeau airport public mobile desk.

So I am wondering how I can change my plan so I can get some minutes, as the plan I selected is useless at the moment. I took the 1 GB data plan, and I would like to change the unlimited canada wide talk and the 500 mb plan.

You could get a payment voucher at 7-11 or Canadian Tire, then call 611 as previously suggested.

You can get a $15 plan that gives you 100 minutes of Canada wide calling and unlimited international texting and 250mb of data good for 30 days. Then pair that with 500minutes of Canada wide calling add-on for $5. Total would be $20 plus taxes. Good luck.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You have to use a credit card issued by a Canadian bank.  You could buy a voucher and call 611 to make a payment.

pgrochow

That's what I'd like to do, but it doesn't accept my credit card as it is a european one. .

I finally figured out how to talk to a moderator so I hope that helps.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could make a one time top up payment to pay for the new account.  You need to factor in taxes.

pgrochow

I'd also happily just pay 10 dollars for some minutes, but the loest voucher accepted is 22 and the system doesn't accept my EU credit card.

pgrochow

That doesn't work, it doesn't let me changed based on the plan. It asks me to pay for the new plan

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can log into the self serve account and click on switch plan tab.  You would lose any  unused data.

Need Help? Let's chat.