cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone plan suspended

Alexa1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Phone plan because credit card on file was cancelled due to it being stolen. Tried to sign in but forget password. Tried to call *611 to input new credit card but forgot pin #. I submitted a tick for a Moderator. Is this my only option to make a payment a get phone up and running? 

8 REPLIES 8

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alexa1 

Check your text messages which PM sent you on your PIN number if you had not deleted it.  That PM text message was sent out from 611.

From my understanding, you don't need PIN to pay via voucher via 611.  You need PIN to buy add on via dialing 611.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/pay-for-your-services-through-611

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@Alexa1 wrote:

Phone plan because credit card on file was cancelled due to it being stolen. Tried to sign in but forget password. Tried to call *611 to input new credit card but forgot pin #. I submitted a tick for a Moderator. Is this my only option to make a payment a get phone up and running? 

Others said to buy voucher, but does that need account PIN? If it does, you need to talk to moderators first. If 611 lets you use voucher without account PIN, you can buy from recharge.com for online convenience.

@cellphoneuser1  Yes I do believe you are correct. That leaves @Alexa1 2 choices of instant top up either online with a fee at recharge.com, muskbird.com and others or finding a retailer that offers instant top up both via your phone number. It's been mentioned shoppers drug mart in Ontario has them but who else I am unsure....anyone?

@Alexa1  As per the advice I've been giving all weekend. Once you are in contact with the moderators and sort things out. Write down on a piece of paper your acct #, pin #, password, security question and answer and put it somewhere safe for future use when you forget again.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Alexa1 wrote:

Others said to buy voucher, but does that need account PIN? If it does, you need to talk to moderators first. If 611 lets you use voucher without account PIN, you can buy from recharge.com for online convenience.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Alexa1 

You probably already did this but just to make sure you don't miss it 

When you installed your sim the very first time you should have received a message from 611 stating your PIN.

If you were not syncing your sms messages it may be in an older phone. Worth taking a look if you still have it around. It may also be buried with other providers messages, would help if you remember how long ago you signed up and scroll to that period

Cheers

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Alexa1 wrote:

@Alexa1  Purchasing a voucher and adding it thru 611 will get your service up and running. Keep in mind some retailers vouchers can take up to 24 hours to be loaded. However Shells vouchers are loaded within 5 minutes. Call ahead to your local shell station to find out their voucher amounts. Usually $20, $40, $50, $60 and $100. They may have $5 and $10.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Alexa1You can go to any retailer to purchase a voucher to get your phone up and running while waiting for moderators.. (could take up to 2 days)

Public Mobile Voucher RetailersPublic Mobile Voucher Retailers

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Alexa1 

You will need to wait for moderator to access your self service account.  You can't change credit card information via dialing 611 anyways.  

You could buy a payment voucher either in store or online (via recharge.com - service fee applies) and pay via dialing 611.  That way, you could reactivate your plan.  

Need Help? Let's chat.