cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone plan doesn't work after purchasing phone card

akeastcoastorg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone doesn't call out anymore I purchased a phone card to top up it says my plan is on but it's not working any ideas? Do I have to wait or something? Very frustrating

30 REPLIES 30

akeastcoastorg

Anytime now I will get an answer back from the mods I'm almost out of data who charges there own website to use data ?hurry it up and fix it

akeastcoastorg

Ok ok SOME numbers that I call are working now and some aren't still working Some calls are coming in but not all what a janky company fix ur junk

Anonymous
Not applicable

@akeastcoastorg wrote:

I thought there was a 3g option but there are 4 g I'm running out of data trying to get this figured out still no answer from the mods. I think my $25 plan is the issue the company doesn't have that plan anymore yet on my plan page it says that's the plan I'm using. They just took my money without letting us know about the change lots of people having this issue. Been hours now waiting for a message back from the mods what a nightmare

It doesn't work that way. Once you're on a plan then you keep it until you are notified that it's being changed. There are many people here still on a plan from late 2016.

The wait time for moderators suck when these things happen. But hopefully these system problems they're having these last couple weeks will pass and that will be that.

Which exact model of Alcatel do you have?

akeastcoastorg

I thought there was a 3g option but there are 4 g I'm running out of data trying to get this figured out still no answer from the mods. I think my $25 plan is the issue the company doesn't have that plan anymore yet on my plan page it says that's the plan I'm using. They just took my money without letting us know about the change lots of people having this issue. Been hours now waiting for a message back from the mods what a nightmare

Anonymous
Not applicable

@akeastcoastorg wrote:

I can choose from 3g 4 g LTE and a bunch of others Telus too not sure if that's what you meant or not do I or could I change it to Telus and leave this horrible company?

@akeastcoastorg 

Set it to 3G, restart the phone and try to call. See what happens.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lieux 

This frustrated customer already has a thread going.

@will13am , @computergeek541 , @mimmo another multiple thread to merge maybe?

The threads have been merged - thanks.  Hopefully, the moderators will get back to the customer shortly.

akeastcoastorg

I can choose from 3g 4 g LTE and a bunch of others Telus too not sure if that's what you meant or not do I or could I change it to Telus and leave this horrible company?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@akeastcoastorg wrote:

After I dialed that 330 number it's says connection error or MMI code 

Ok. I was trying to see if you maybe had outgoing calls blocked. There might still be an option somewhere.

But anyway...were you able to figure out anything about which network settings were available to link to?

akeastcoastorg

After I dialed that 330 number it's says connection error or MMI code 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@akeastcoastorg wrote:

I've sent the mods 2 messages 7 hours ago now My data is 4g

In your phone settings there should be something about what kind of network to connect to. See if you can find something about 3G or WCDMA or HSPA along those lines.

Edit: @akeastcoastorg: if you dial *#330# do you get any useful result?

akeastcoastorg

I've sent the mods 2 messages 7 hours ago now My data is 4g

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lieux 

@will13am , @computergeek541 another multiple thread to merge maybe?

Yes I saw the other messages after...thanks..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lieux 

@will13am , @computergeek541 , @mimmo another multiple thread to merge maybe?

@akeastcoastorg wrote:

I can't call out or anything my plan is on I tried all the crap everybody suggested really fed up here has the update/maintenance working yet?

Did you already write a private message to the moderator..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 ? They will help you.

EDIT I just saw your last post.....just patience now we can do anything else here...

The upadte is for next night...soon in few hours..

akeastcoastorg

I can't call out or anything my plan is on I tried all the crap everybody suggested really fed up here has the update/maintenance working yet?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@akeastcoastorg wrote:

It is an Alcatel I tried removing the sim card why should getting this straightened out so difficult

It shouldn't be. They've been having all kinds of trouble lately. While response times are slow, I *really* hope you've long since sent a private message to the moderators as suggested earlier.

Edit: @akeastcoastorg What are the chances your network mode or preferred network or something called like that is set to 2G rather than at least 3G?

akeastcoastorg

It is an Alcatel I tried removing the sim card why should getting this straightened out so difficult

akeastcoastorg

Yes I resumed and still nothing

Anonymous
Not applicable

@akeastcoastorg wrote:

I just tried suspending it but still nothing I sent the mods a message

Just to be clear on the wording...and then did you Resume service? Sounds obvious I know but you said just suspend.

What kind of phone are you using ? Try removing /reinstalling sim card. If you have a dual sim phone, try the other sim slot.
The moderator tem is usually busy so please be patient.

akeastcoastorg

I just tried suspending it but still nothing I sent the mods a message

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try contacting a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@akeastcoastorg wrote:

I'm active I paid for my plan 4 days ago and today no more calling The plan has 1 gig too if I run out of gigs does my phone calling stop idk other than that this company is very frustrating

Did you try the lost/stolen feature mentioned earlier?

No. Not having data would not stop the phone.

This is a more hands-on, self-serve, low-budget kinda place. It's only frustrating when it doesn't work and you need any assistance. Other than that...it just works...until it doesn't.

akeastcoastorg

I'm active I paid for my plan 4 days ago and today no more calling The plan has 1 gig too if I run out of gigs does my phone calling stop idk other than that this company is very frustrating

Anonymous
Not applicable

@akeastcoastorg wrote:

No I bought the $28 phone card and my plan is unlimited calling and text I might try to suspend account like the first person said BTW where is a phone number to this company they can reset it

There is no phone number. Is your account showing as active? Or suspended? If suspended, and you have the value in your Available Funds then try clicking the reactivate button up top.

akeastcoastorg

I might try that but will it remember me?

akeastcoastorg

No I bought the $28 phone card and my plan is unlimited calling and text I might try to suspend account like the first person said BTW where is a phone number to this company they can reset it

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@akeastcoastorg wrote:

My phone doesn't call out anymore I purchased a phone card to top up it says my plan is on but it's not working any ideas? Do I have to wait or something? Very frustrating

Your problem is more likely what @Anonymous has suggested. You have added funds but now need to get the calling Add-on to be able to call someone.

Good luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@akeastcoastorg wrote:

If you're on the $10 or $15 plan then maybe you're out of minutes. The "phone card" you bought would add value into your account. Not minutes. If you are out of minutes then you could use that value to buy the 200 minute add-on to call.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@akeastcoastorg wrote:

Here's an idea...Log into My Account / Plan and Add-ons / Lost-Stolen. click SUSPEND service and log out. After 5 minutes, log back in and restart service and cycle phone off and on again. Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.