cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number

Shaun8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to change the number I have now to my old number that was transferred over. 

10 REPLIES 10

@Shaun8 wrote:

No it was with Telus. The number was transferred over fine. You guys got my number transferred over successfully and gave me a link to activate it.  

I am confused, too.  Usually people come to https://activate.publicmobile.ca/ and activate.  One step in this process give you chance to request porting.  Did you do it this way?    Who and what link the guy gave you " a link to activate it." ???

@Shaun8 wrote:

I had it transferred over and it was connected to my SIM card presently in my phone. But I messed up and activated the sim with another number and bought a new plan. So my old number is xxx. I can’t even set up an account with the new number to pay to keep going. It only recognizes my old number which I want to get back cause it is tied to my business 

@Shaun8  Sounds like you activated two separate Public Mobile SIM cards and accounts, with two separate phone numbers.

When you transferred over the number you wanted to port did you approve the port via a TEXT with the previous provider's SIM CARD in the device? IF you did not reply, then the number did not port over successfully.

But, that still means you may have two accounts, when you only wanted one.

Did you get charged twice?

If you only wanted ONE account, you could contact CSA and explain what happened and see if they can close one and transfer the funds to the one you want to keep.

Not saying it will happen, this IS a prepaid service. But CSA would be your only method for further inquiries about this situation.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Shaun8   Use the 3 dots top right of all of your posts where you've posted your tel. number and then select edit/delete as you're on a public forum.

@t_p   you might want to edit your post too... 🙂

Shaun8

No it was with Telus. The number was transferred over fine. You guys got my number transferred over successfully and gave me a link to activate it. I was stupid and didn’t click on the link to properly set it all up. I ended up going and activating a new number to my SIM card by mistake. So now when I go to set up an account it won’t let me cause it says the number I’m using now (902-916-9422) doesn’t exist. But if I type my old number in it recognizes it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shaun8 : That is a very confusing story. Did your old account close? I get an unidentifiable  voicemail box when I call that number. So it's active somewhere.

Edit: 902-393 belongs to Bell. Is that where you had it?

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Shaun8 wrote:

I had it transferred over and it was connected to my SIM card presently in my phone. But I messed up and activated the sim with another number and bought a new plan. So my old number is **********. I can’t even set up an account with the new number to pay to keep going. It only recognizes my old number which I want to get back cause it is tied to my business 

@Shaun8 

I think you'll have to ask CS for help:

Spoiler
Open a ticket via:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)
Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"

or send a private message to:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Shaun8 wrote:

I want to change the number I have now to my old number that was transferred over. 

@Shaun8 

I'm a bit confused here: When you transfer in a number, it will automatically replace your current one.

Care to explain?

Shaun8

I had it transferred over and it was connected to my SIM card presently in my phone. But I messed up and activated the sim with another number and bought a new plan. So my old number is 902-393-4188. I can’t even set up an account with the new number to pay to keep going. It only recognizes my old number which I want to get back cause it is tied to my business 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shaun8 : ??? Is your old account still active? Did you at one time transfer it over and then did you change your number and then now you want that old number back? Would you share the first 6 digits of the number to see which provider "owns" it.

Need Help? Let's chat.