cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working, no service

Nasis
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can someone help. My phone shows no service. On Autopay.

Can't log into my account. Whats my next step?

15 REPLIES 15

Nasis

Almost 2 years

Nasis

Thanks all for your help everyone.

It was a challenge, but I think i submitted a ticket..

Maybe up to 48 hours for response.

It's my wife's phone, good thing she doesn't use it very much. 

Surly the plan hasn't been canceled since October.

Since we had "No Service", I couldn't call 611 or do anything with the phone, other than turn it off and on, and remove the Sim card for a minute.

Maybe have to move on.

Public Mobile was nice while it lasted.

@gblackma wrote:

@dabr The only link I mentioned was the same forgot password link that @Luddite mentions above.

@dabr wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

Sorry to hear that. @Nasis Did you just have to pay your account? Could you please check to see if your credit card was charged?  To get back into your account you could try the fogot password link https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/. Thanks.

@Nasis wrote:

@gblackma  It may be preferable for OP to try a couple other options before using the lost/stolen option first, as some have suggested lost rewards after using that workaround.

@gblackma  Yes, I see the link is the same, but I've seen that suggestion being discouraged until other options have been tried first because of lost rewards issue.  However, it has definitely been used successfully to restore account related services, including for myself.

@Luddite Don't know if this applies but on most prepaid if you don't pay. The account is put in default and in 90 days the account is closed. So the plan if missed is the perfect length for them to cancel it.

@Luddite wrote:

@Nasis wrote:

Good clue! My credit card was last charged by Public Mobile in September, on auto pay.

No contact from Public Mobile that there was a problem. Looks like they canceled the account since we can no longer log into it. What's next?

This is the 3rd recent instance, I can recall, of a 90 day plan being deleted after autopay failed. Even if you decide to activate a new SIM so you have cellular service do, please, submit a ticket to report the problem.

@Nasis wrote:

Good clue! My credit card was last charged by Public Mobile in September, on auto pay.

No contact from Public Mobile that there was a problem. Looks like they canceled the account since we can no longer log into it. What's next?

This is the 3rd recent instance, I can recall, of a 90 day plan being deleted after autopay failed. Even if you decide to activate a new SIM so you have cellular service do, please, submit a ticket to report the problem.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite  Agree, definitely these issues should get the attention of moderators when service gets interrupted.

@Luddite wrote:

@dabr FYI: I have come to conclusion that all service outages when payment has, or should have, been taken deserve being reported to the moderators to ensure PM can see the extent of this bug.

After doing so, try all the tricks we know, and can dream up, to force a reset and restore service. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Nasis wrote:

Sorry to hear that, you will, of course, need a new SIM and number now if you want still stay with PM. 

There is a promotion going on right now too that might interest you, here's the link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Limited-time-offer-Get-up-to-10-off-for...

@dabr FYI: I have come to conclusion that all service outages when payment has, or should have, been taken deserve being reported to the moderators to ensure PM can see the extent of this bug.

After doing so, try all the tricks we know, and can dream up, to force a reset and restore service. 

@dabr The only link I mentioned was the same forgot password link that @Luddite mentions above.

@dabr wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

Sorry to hear that. @Nasis Did you just have to pay your account? Could you please check to see if your credit card was charged?  To get back into your account you could try the fogot password link https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/. Thanks.

@Nasis wrote:

@gblackma  It may be preferable for OP to try a couple other options before using the lost/stolen option first, as some have suggested lost rewards after using that workaround.

Nasis

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Nasis   If you payment has been successfully applied and rebooting hasn't worked, try topping up your account with $1 and restarting the phone. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Nasis  First, try the account reset function here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/.

You will need to submit a ticket to address the service issue, and perhaps your account access. To get a ticket: click https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question into SIMon.  Follow/invent prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

Do reboot your phone in case that's all it takes to regain service. Calling 611 may show the problem is a missed payment.

To survive until it's all sorted, try the Textnow app for calling/texting on wifi.

@gblackma wrote:

@Nasis wrote:

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Nasis wrote:

You could try rebooting your phone first to see if that will reset the account and services for you.

Also there were no issues with your payment going through on your CC?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Sorry to hear that. @Nasis Did you just have to pay your account? Could you please check to see if your credit card was charged?  To get back into your account you could try the forgot password link https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/. If you dial 611, what is the message given? Thanks.

@Nasis wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.