cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working. Account suspended even though I have autopay

drsdt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi - tried to use my phone yesterday and it wasn't working. Logged in and it said my account was suspended, but to disregard this message if I'm on autopay - which I am. I've tried to pay the amount due, but payment isn't going through. My card is fine.

Any suggestions? Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pierrette1012 wrote:

Ho I forgot to mention I tried to enter the amount manually no luck either , nothing works, with both credit card the old and the new one I added this morning in the hope of fixing this issue, this is really strange....

You could also buy a voucher in stores or online to renew the service while you figure out why the payment card didn't work.

Maybe for fun, try the 611 service with your pre-registered payment card.

@pierrette1012 wrote:

Ho I forgot to mention I tried to enter the amount manually no luck either , nothing works, with both credit card the old and the new one I added this morning in the hope of fixing this issue, this is really strange....

Keep an eye out on the envelope icon top right for a reply from the moderator.

pierrette1012
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

pierrette1012

thank you so much for the link you sent me, I was able with it to send them a email, hopefully they can fix this issue rapidly. 

@pierrette1012 Try making a payment but select the custom amount and enter the amount owing manually.

If you can't submit a ticket then use the second link below to send them a direct message.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

pierrette1012

I am having the exact same issue on my husband's phone, I have a current valid credit card on file I've been using for years on auto pay and it is not expired, I tried to manually to process the amount due as a one time payment this morning, no luck, even changed to use another valid current credit card to pay the balance due ,no luck , my new card is now registered but the payment did not go through either, I click re activate my account but it keeps bringing me back to process my amount due,  tried to use the SiMon chat , the page will not open , tried it on a computer , tried it on my cell phone, no luck ,I keep getting a blank page ''this website is not accessible'', my husband needs his phone , so we are obviouly many poeple with the same issue, can someone look in to this , because I have no way to communicate with Public Mobile and tried every possible way to pay, HELP PLEASE.     

@SqueakyMama try removing your credit card and re-adding the same card. then try manual pay. if this doesn't work then create a ticket and you tell em exactly what you said! lol 

"Being told to pay Recharge a service fee to pay on my behalf is an outrage. My credit card is connected to my account. Take my money and give me my phone service back!"

if deleting and re-adding the card doesn't solve your issue then I suggest you create a ticket and speak with a moderator. I doubt they will make you pay a recharge fee.

one solution you can do is to practice manually paying 2-3 days ahead of time and you will still save the $2 for auto pay. this is a known issue for PM. it only takes 2 min to do it and it's better than having a suspended service. 

@SqueakyMama 

If your phone is not working and you have tried some of the suggestions in this thread with no success then contact a moderator for assistance:

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

@SqueakyMama wrote:

“Phone not working” means my account has been suspended so I cannot call out or send/receive texts.

My account was due to “Autopay” today which has never been an issue before (no changes to my credit card) but now for mysterious reasons I am cut off. 

Being told to pay Recharge a service fee to pay on my behalf is an outrage. My credit card is connected to my account. Take my money and give me my phone service back!

@SqueakyMama  You have every right to feel upset. Unfortunately Auto-Pay fails and it will not retry again once that happens. So you will  have to manually intervene to get your plan up and running again.  If your credit card on file hasn't expired than your only options are:

1. Keep trying to make a one-time payment using the credit card on file
  2. Use a voucher
  3. Contact the Public Mobile Moderator Team for help.

SqueakyMama

“Phone not working” means my account has been suspended so I cannot call out or send/receive texts.

My account was due to “Autopay” today which has never been an issue before (no changes to my credit card) but now for mysterious reasons I am cut off. 

Being told to pay Recharge a service fee to pay on my behalf is an outrage. My credit card is connected to my account. Take my money and give me my phone service back!

@SqueakyMama wrote:

you are lucky....recharge isn't working now....

It worked for me:

Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. Also, you can try a different browser.

SqueakyMama

you are lucky....recharge isn't working now....

@SqueakyMama wrote:

What's the point of having Autopay if it doesn't work? All my payments have gone thru for the past 3-4 months, and then today, all of a sudden, it no longer works.

What do you mean "...no longer works" ? Is your plan renewal imminent ? If today is renewal day, your account will look odd. It'll show Expired then Suspended...but will be ok in the am.

If your phone isn't working right now ...that's different. Are your phone features working ?

SqueakyMama

What's the point of having Autopay if it doesn't work? All my payments have gone thru for the past 3-4 months, and then today, all of a sudden, it no longer works.

drsdt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks guys. Tried all the suggestions, then went to recharge.com and it worked.

Thanks again!

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@drsdt Just a note that sometimes Autopay fails, so I recommend to do manual payments even with this enabled feature to prevent suspension issues.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@drsdt 

If your phone is not working then logon your selfserve account and click on the re-activate button. If your phone is not working, try the following to get your plan re-activated again. (Just keep going down the list)

1. Restart your phone
  2. Lost/Stolen trick 

a1.PNG

A2.PNG

wait a couple of minutes and then declare your phone found by using the same steps from above and restart your phone.
  3. Add $1 to your account funds

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@drsdt wrote:

Hi - tried to use my phone yesterday and it wasn't working. Logged in and it said my account was suspended, but to disregard this message if I'm on autopay - which I am. I've tried to pay the amount due, but payment isn't going through. My card is fine.

Any suggestions? Thanks

@drsdt  From what you described it appears that Auto-Pay failed and that is why your account got suspended since your phone is not working. When you try to make a payment do you get an error? If yes, just keep trying, maybe restart your computer also instead of accepting the automatic amount try entering the amount manually, sometimes that works.

If you still can't make payment via the CC on file you might have to purchase a voucher to get the account going again. Retail locations that sell vouchers:

vouchers.png

You can purchase a voucher online from recharge.com or xoom.com or ding.com.

@kselmak Try these tricks to restart your phone service. You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $2 To your account and restart your phone .

If these tricks don't work contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Stay safe 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Try restarting your phone

Can you check the payment history?

If you already paid and it was used for renewal restart should do the magic

If it doesn't try adding manually $1 and restart

If that falls than contact moderators.

If the money was not taken, try paying manually. 

If you try too many times it may have been flagged by the system, if you suspect that please contact moderators

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@drsdt wrote:

Any suggestions? Thanks

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

Need Help? Let's chat.