cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone didn't auto renew

nicolaf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,  

I signed up for auto-renew last month and today was the first day that it was supposed to top up. My phone didn't auto-renew even though the registered credit card has no problems. Now it's not letting me re-add the card or the two other credit cards that I tried, even though I know that they're all good. Please help me out. I often work on my phone and desperately need it back on! Thanks,

Nicola

5 REPLIES 5

nicolaf

Thank you! I couldn't find where to buy vouchers in Montreal but eventually got one on recharge. Thanks for everyone help!

saeliux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@GinYVR wrote:

@nicolafIf you had ran out of cards to use (there are all sorts of Public Mobile related reasons eg wrong address format or just tried too many times).. and you want to get your phone working immediately since contacting the moderators can take up to 48+ hours. Just go to a store, purchase and add a voucher for the value of your plan without the rewards. Add that and reactivate your plan.

Speed and efficiency when it comes to customer support is Public Mobile's weakness. If you need your phone for work and is on Public Mobile, I highly recommend have a backup plan.

If you are really out of cards, then you can try to message the moderators to try to add it manually for you. However do note, the messaging system / this forum is not hosted by Telus and that communication will need you to give your card information in full to the moderators.. so YMMV depending on how you view your privacy.

I would strongly suggest not to give out your credit card by messaging system. With all the online buying it is like giving out password to a bank account. Don't put yourself in that situation.

I would buy an voucher and call *611 and sort the autopay later calmly. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@nicolafIf you had ran out of cards to use (there are all sorts of Public Mobile related reasons eg wrong address format or just tried too many times).. and you want to get your phone working immediately since contacting the moderators can take up to 48+ hours. Just go to a store, purchase and add a voucher for the value of your plan without the rewards. Add that and reactivate your plan.

Speed and efficiency when it comes to customer support is Public Mobile's weakness. If you need your phone for work and is on Public Mobile, I highly recommend have a backup plan.

If you are really out of cards, then you can try to message the moderators to try to add it manually for you. However do note, the messaging system / this forum is not hosted by Telus and that communication will need you to give your card information in full to the moderators.. so YMMV depending on how you view your privacy.

nicolaf

Okay, thanks! My phone hasn't been working since the plan expired though. I removed my credit card when I was trying to troubleshoot and it's won't allow me to re-add it. I've reported it lost and will try to add another card to my account after I reactivate it.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@nicolaf wrote:

Hi there,  

I signed up for auto-renew last month and today was the first day that it was supposed to top up. My phone didn't auto-renew even though the registered credit card has no problems. Now it's not letting me re-add the card or the two other credit cards that I tried, even though I know that they're all good. Please help me out. I often work on my phone and desperately need it back on! Thanks,

Nicola

@nicolaf During plan renewal it's best to stay away from selfserve and/or 611 if you have AutoPay enabled and your phone is working. If you start making changes during renewal more than likely it will become a problem. Try airplane mode, funding a $1 into your account or if any of those things don't work then  try the lost/stolen trick.

Warning: By perforning the following procedure there is a strong chance that you will have to forfeit your AutoPay reward for the current period. If you have AutoPay enabled use at your own risk.

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait 15 minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

Need Help? Let's chat.