Edricka
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How to use my phone credit to add data?

11 REPLIES 11

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Edricka wrote:

Have you been able to get a satisfactory answer to your initial question you asked a few hours ago ? With the very limited info you provided, several forum helpers have offered guidance. Until we hear back from you, nobody knows the outcome.

If you're still having trouble let us know and include as much background info as you can...eg: a better description of what are you trying to do and what have you tried so far ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Edricka 

Instant top-up is an option but I would go to a store rather than online. Even that they're hard to find.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Edricka hi what plan are you currently on? call 611 and check the status of your account. there are options in there to tell you your account balance.

if your account balance doesn't cover your plan amount, you will not be able to reactivate your services. go back to recharge.com and purchase enough credits to cover your plan amount.

contact customer support mods to fix your self serve account

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "locked out of self serve"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

@Anonymous thanks brotha!

@Edricka if its been over 120 days since you last paid for you service.  Then your account is  closed and you have to start over with a new SIM and account. Stay safe. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Edricka wrote:

Things are getting confusing. Are you wanting to add data or are you needing to reactivate your service from suspension?

This is a prepaid plan service. Not a pay as you go service.

You might think of add-ons as pay as you go but still sorta not really.

@Edricka wrote:

Okay it’s like my online account isn’t working like I tried to reset password and it’s saying my account isn’t active so I went ahead to create my account and it’s saying my phone number is invalid even though I had this number for months. So I went on another site (recharge.com) and added phone credit but now I don’t know how to use the phone credit to activate my service 😢😔

Did you try calling 611 to make a voucher payment ?

Edricka
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Okay it’s like my online account isn’t working like I tried to reset password and it’s saying my account isn’t active so I went ahead to create my account and it’s saying my phone number is invalid even though I had this number for months. So I went on another site (recharge.com) and added phone credit but now I don’t know how to use the phone credit to activate my service 😢😔

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Edricka Buy addon though self-service account. Make sure you have enough Available Funds.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Edricka wrote:

Make sure you have enough $$ in Available Funds to cover the cost of your add-on.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Edricka- What do you mean by phone credit?  Do you mean you have a credit balance in your account (top corner in self serve?).  If that's the case, you can buy an add-on for more data.

Need Help? Let's chat.