cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Service No Longer Working

dschmidt20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yesterday I received an email indicating that I had less than $10.00 left on my plan.  I have hardly used the phone since the last payment.  Today, I can't receive or send calls.  Very distressing.  Last time I received this message I was told not to worry about it.  I would like my service restored.  I just checked my account and there should be ample time available. 

Why is this happening?

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dschmidt20 wrote:

Yesterday I received an email indicating that I had less than $10.00 left on my plan.  I have hardly used the phone since the last payment.  Today, I can't receive or send calls.  Very distressing.  Last time I received this message I was told not to worry about it.  I would like my service restored.  I just checked my account and there should be ample time available. 

Why is this happening?

Public Mobile will not send an email saying anything about an amount of money left in your account.

They'll *text* you to remind you that your term is about to expire. They'll text you to say that you have 10 minutes left of your limited prepaid minutes. They'll text you to say that you have 10 texts left of your limited prepaid texts.

In the self-serve under My Data & Add-ons you will see what currently active valid counted features you have available. If you don't see expected features there it means you've used up that counted feature.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@dschmidt20 wrote:

Why is this happening?

Log in My Account and note if your plan is Active or is it Expired ? When is your plan renewal date ? Plans run for 30 days or 90 days. If you haven't put your credit card on file, the plan will expire at renewal, if there isn't enough $$ to cover the cost of your plan renewal. You can call 611 for info as well. If you do have a cc on file and still a problem, then you can add sufficient funds to your account by calling 611.

If all else fails, follow others advise and send a message to moderators. Please be patient as it could be 48 hours before you get a response...usually much less.

Good luck.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dschmidt20 wrote:

Why is this happening?

@dschmidt20  Are you on the limited $10 calling plan? If yes, login into your selfserve account and check the status of your account is it active? Also check the minutes counter on your account if it's not listed it means that you used up your minutes.

If you still believe the is a problem with your account then you need to notify PM directly via a message. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

When you log into your self serve account - what is the status ?

Try the lost phone trick. To report your phone stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose  Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose  Lost/Stolen Phone  tab.  The choose  Suspend Service  tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes. Login in and report your phone found  Another thing to also try, would be adding a $1 payment to reactive your account.   If you still have problems tthen  contact a moderator by messaging them.   Moderator can be reached at   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

PMFanatic
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would recommend messaging the kind folks at the Moderator_Team via this link to investigate your account and to provide some additional insight into your issue.

It helps to provide a detailed description of your problem and what your resolution goals are so they can best assist. If you are having troubles contacting the Moderator_Team, refer to the following knowledge base link. Expect a response within 1 hour or up to 48 hours depending on volumes...

Best of luck!

Need Help? Let's chat.