cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payments

magrover
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello there, 

This evening I went into my account to purchase an add-on for what was supposed to be 1GB data for $15.  (My auto pay is set up for Nov 4 so I wasn't worried about anything else).  My account is sitting with a balance of $120 with two add-ons, one totaling $110.25 and another for $15.75.  My data is not working and I do not understand why, if someone could help me out with this, I would really appreciate it.  Also, will my auto pay still take a payment on Nov 4, if so then I can stop it.  Thanking you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Michelle

16 REPLIES 16

@magrover 

I'm curious what your 90 day plan includes? You most likely have full speed 4G LTE data which for some is very important to keep since all current in market plans have 4G LTE data throttled to 3mbps or the option to switch your phone to 3G data with speeds up to 20mbps+. But if data speed is not that important to you (most of us find very little difference unless you are a gamer or watch a lot of HD video content) then you may find the current plans hold much more value.

For example the $40 plan has 5gb of data along with unlimited Canada wide calling and international SMS/MMS texts. 3×30 day/$40/5gb=90 day/$120/15gb plan. If you happen to have the infamous Fall 2016 promo - $120/12gb/90 day plan then I would say stick with what you have.....but if you have a plan with much less data and perhaps only provincial calling you may what to explore what the current plans have to offer and schedule a change plan on next renewal (as in tonight) or perhaps in another 90 days. 

It is important to remember though if you do decide to change plans you will not be able to return to your current plan, full speed unthrottled 4G LTE data or the 90 day payment cycle. Food for thought anyways.....

magrover

Makes perfect sense now. 

Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@magrover : So then you'll buy the 1gb and be down $15 in Available Funds. Then you'll be down $15 of your $120 plan that's coming up. Autopay will then take $15.

😎   The steps to purchase add-ons aren't very intuative...until you do it a few times...so don't feel bad.

magrover

Thank you so much!!

I had purchased, just didn't apply it.  I appreciate the help thank you!

@magrover wrote:

Tried restarting and data is enabled.  This is what I have in my Data-Add ons

NameVoice Limit# of Minutes UsedRemaining MinutesStatus
Free 1000 CAN LD mins100001000Active

There's no mention of any data add-on so you've either used it up already or you didn't actually "buy" it yet.

Log in to your account / Purchase Add-on...then select the in Canada Data Add-on ($15)

magrover

So I have a $120 in Available Funds, but obviously did not purchase a 1GB add-on?

magrover

Tried restarting and data is enabled.  This is what I have in my Data-Add ons

NameVoice Limit# of Minutes UsedRemaining MinutesStatus
Free 1000 CAN LD mins100001000Active

@magrover wrote:
My Plan
($120)

Current Add-Ons
  • 1GB Add-on

This a copy of what the add-on screen is showing me.

Restart your phone.

Make sure data is enabled.

let us know if that helps.

edit...look at My Data and Add-ons. You should see something like 1GB Add-on....xxxx / 1024. 

1GB Add-on
0  /  1024 MB

magrover
My Plan
($120)

Current Add-Ons
  • 1GB Add-on

This a copy of what the add-on screen is showing me.

@magrover wrote:

The transaction type is stating credit/visa top up in the payment history.

But the data is not working, and it states that I paid for an additional 1GB of data and credit card purchase was accepted.

Ok, so getting a data add-on is a 2 step operation. First you pay for the add-on...then you go back and actually "buy" your data add-on.

Look in My Data and Add-ons...if you don't see mention of the data add-on...you don't have it yet.

magrover

The transaction type is stating credit/visa top up in the payment history.

But the data is not working, and it states that I paid for an additional 1GB of data and credit card purchase was accepted.

@magrover wrote:

Available funds is $120

Payment on Nov 4 will be $120

If you have $120 in Available Funds and regular plan costs are $120, then those $$ will be used for plan renewal costs...and your credit card won't get touched.

What else are you trying to do ?

@magrover wrote:

This evening I went into my account to purchase an add-on for what was supposed to be 1GB data for $15.  (My auto pay is set up for Nov 4 so I wasn't worried about anything else).  My account is sitting with a balance of $120 with two add-ons, one totaling $110.25 and another for $15.75.  My data is not working and I do not understand why, if someone could help me out with this, I would really appreciate it.  Also, will my auto pay still take a payment on Nov 4, if so then I can stop it. 

I'm a litle confused about your add-on amounts. Your Self Serve account should not be showing anything in partial dollar amounts.  Autopay only charges what is needed for each renewal.

magrover

Available funds is $120

Payment on Nov 4 will be $120

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@magrover wrote:

Hello there, 

This evening I went into my account to purchase an add-on for what was supposed to be 1GB data for $15.  (My auto pay is set up for Nov 4 so I wasn't worried about anything else).  My account is sitting with a balance of $120 with two add-ons, one totaling $110.25 and another for $15.75.  My data is not working and I do not understand why, if someone could help me out with this, I would really appreciate it.  Also, will my auto pay still take a payment on Nov 4, if so then I can stop it.  Thanking you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Michelle

How much $$ is in Available Funds. How much is Nov 4 regular plan renewal costs ?

Need Help? Let's chat.