cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payments

aabdelka
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I was wondering if Public Mobile is offering any kind of payment deferral for customers that have lost their income and no longer working due to the pandemic? Thanks

24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shalomfogel wrote:

Hey do you know how I can buy I payment voucher online? Let me know . Tnx 

recharge.com has vouchers

ding.com has instant top ups

xoom.com the same

You'll pay a little extra for the convenience. I've had success with recharge.

Shalomfogel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey do you know how I can buy I payment voucher online? Let me know . Tnx 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shalomfogel wrote:

Hi I tried to top up my account and for some reason it won’t get through. This is what appears on the screen.

 We are unable to verify you credit card information. I would like to know if you can help me. Let me know ASAP. Thank you.

Postal code and... if you have a unit # address don't use the apt# field. Match your address exactly to your billing address.

You could also buy a voucher online or in stores to top up while you figure out what's wrong with the payment card.

Edit: oh...then hairbag1 added more. Hey hairbag1: you could delete the image if you wish

@Shalomfogel wrote:

Hi I tried to top up my account and for some reason it won’t get through. This is what appears on the screen.

42D9E08C-4DEB-446F-917C-B97EEFFA9802.png

 We are unable to verify you credit card information. I would like to know if you can help me. Let me know ASAP. Thank you.

When entering cc info, make sure that postal code is as X1X6Y6...with no space between.

Don't use apt #...just street address.

@Shalomfogel  please delete your screenshot, it shows some private information. This is a public forum. Are you trying to add an autopay credit card? Thanks.

Shalomfogel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

42D9E08C-4DEB-446F-917C-B97EEFFA9802.png

aabdelka

I spilled into the open forum. Well as long as we're all six feet apart it's all good. (I'll figure out what I did wrong).

Thanks for your quick and very helpful response. I'm starting to understand the value of this Community.

Everyone was helpful.

@aabdelka you can do it from within your self service account.  Set your plan to change on next renewal cycle.  Here's and article on changing plans. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Your data would change. You would go from unthrottled 4g to unthrottled 3g data. Your loyalty rewards will not be affected, as they are linked to the account, not plan. 

See screenshot below on where to make the change

20200325_014121.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aabdelka 

You've spilled from what was probably in private messaging to the open forum.

Yes you would get more for the same money but you would lose possible full 4G LTE data speed and instead go down to the not very noticeable 3Mbps speed.

You can change plans yourself. Your rewards will get divided by 3 as you would have got 3 times the reward with the 90 day plan. It's really the same...just every 30 days instead.

It's always recommended to set the change plan for your next renewal so as not to lose any pre-paid value of your current term.

aabdelka

hairbag1,

Thank you for your input, you might be on to something. Stay safe

aabdelka

Hi Lucian,

Thank you for looking into this for me.

If I understand correctly, if I choose to change my plan it doesn't mean I'm saving money but it means I am getting more for my money?

So then just a few more things and I appreciate your patience, will my payment change to monthly so I pay 40 instead of 120, does it effect my loyalty rewards, and lastly, is this something I am able to do myself right now online and with only 3 weeks left for my current plan? Thank you and I hope this is the last you hear from me about this.

Arwa

Anonymous
Not applicable

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@aabdelka wrote:

I have a very old one from a few years ago. I don't want to temporary switch because I don't want to lose it. I need my phone number and the plan because both are for my business that I hoping will continue once this is over.

You can change plans whenever you want and you'll keep the phone number you have. If you have one of the old grandfathered plans...you're correct...you won't be permitted to go back once you've changed to a current plan.

FYI...I had one of the older 90 day plans with 4G. Along came a new $25 plan (unlimited talk/text) with 500mb's + 500mb's @ 3G. I don't stream alot of internet music...very few movies either. I found the 3G to be more than adequate for my use. I even usually have a bit of data left over at renewal. My point is...I don't miss the old 90 day plan I had; and I save some $$.

Just something to ponder while we're home-bound eh.

😷

aabdelka

I have a very old one from a few years ago. I don't want to temporary switch because I don't want to lose it. I need my phone number and the plan because both are for my business that I hoping will continue once this is over.

@aabdelka wrote:

Thanks but I don't think I could get this plan back if I change it.

Which plan do you currently enjoy ? There's many feature-rich plans that are attractively priced right now.

aabdelka

Thanks but I don't think I could get this plan back if I change it.

aabdelka

Thanks for all the information. Very detailed.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Sorry to hear about your situation.  As of now PM is only offering a credit for US roaming add-ons.  They have 1GB for $15.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATED-Public-Mobile-response-to-COVID...

If you have wi-fi you could use apps like WhatsApp or Textnow.

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @aabdelka 

What plan are you on?

Do you have WiFi?

You could temporarily downgrade to 13.

You can use Hangouts dialer to make free calls once you are out of minutes. If you register your phone for hangouts display nobody would know you are not using your phone.

aabdelka

Thank you will try that

aabdelka

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aabdelka wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if Public Mobile is offering any kind of payment deferral for customers that have lost their income and no longer working due to the pandemic? Thanks

There have been no announcements in that regard.

They have given customers that are in the states free roaming add-ons. They have reduced the price of the data add-on 50%.

But they and their immediate competitors aren't doing what you're asking yet (if they do).

If you have wifi at home you can use voip calling apps. TextNow seems popular around here. You can drop down to the $15 plan.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@aabdelka  sorry to hear that this happened to you. You could try contacting the moderators and ask nicely if anything can be done. 

Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

In the meantime heres a link of everthing the telecom companies are doing for us. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Data/m-p/516436/highlight/true#M14010

To save more, add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter - and you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used.

Need Help? Let's chat.