cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment

CrowChild
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have changed my credit card and now Auto pay does not work, what do I do now?

8 REPLIES 8

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When you were adding your new card, you re checked yes for auto pay? I've recently changed cards temporarily as I wanted to use some cash back rewards I had gotten back in Jan and I didn't have balance owing, so I used those cards here for small amounts one time. When I readded my normal card, I had to reconfirm that I yes wanted auto pay.

(Fun fact side note, last year when I did those little amounts, system allowed just those small $0.20 amounts. This year I had to use at least a dollar. Not the biggest deal but an interesting change to note)

Any chance you happened to add the card itself to PM and the payment tried to go through before you activated your new card? 

I know these both sound very simple, but just trying to suggest things others haven't. Also an easy mistake I'm guessing with digital wallets existing, forgetting to activate a new physical card. I don't use digital wallet personally but I imagine that'd be an easy mistake to make?

@William82 wrote:

I'm trying to pay but can't figure it out

@William82   How are you trying to make a payment?  You can dial 611 on your phone and load a voucher or add it in your self serve account via the Payment tab.  You can also add a CC/Debit Visa/MC to your account and enable autopay to get the $2 discount on each renewal cycle.   

What have you tried so far?

William82
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to pay but can't figure it out

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Can you tell us more about how Autopay doesn't work?  (How do you know this?)  Let us know any error messages you get and we can try and suggest something.

You can try and "reset" Autopay by logging in, deleting your credit card information, and logging out... then login in again and add your new info.  Does the "Autopay Reward ($2)" show up again?

If all the suggestions the Community made doesn't work, you can reach out directly to a Moderator for help.

Feel free to let us know more and we'll see what we know to help you out!  🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @CrowChild 

When updating credit card info, make sure to do the following to avoid the common errors and glitches that sometimes occur with this fussy process:

1. Clear your browser's cache & cookies
  2. Use incognito mode
  3. Select "Manage My Card"
  4. Select "replace card"
  5. Type your address exactly as from your billing statement
  6.  Don't use a space in the postal code
  7.  Use ALL CAPS if necessary
  8.  Type everything, not letting autofill complete any fields

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@CrowChild 

Do you still have services? If yes, this could be your account going through the normal renewal process. The SELF SERVE account can say "expired" or "suspended" on the day of or before your plan is due to renew. So if this is the case, ignore these messages on your SELF SERVE account.

If you have no services, and it is past your renewal, maybe your autopay failed?

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount (through SELF SERVE or by calling 611 if you have a card registered)
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  3. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  4. Select "Suspend Service" Button
  5. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  6. Reboot your phone.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @CrowChild 

If your account is suspended and your phone has stopped working, try logging on self-serve to reactivate your account.

Click on the reactivate button to make a manual payment.

Also check to make sure that AutoPay is enabled on your account.

EDIT: As mentioned, if it was your renewal last night and your phone service is working, don't do anything on your account. Just wait for the renewal process to complete (around noon eastern) before you check your account.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@CrowChild wrote:

I have changed my credit card and now Auto pay does not work, what do I do now?

@CrowChild  how do you know Autopay didn't work? 

Did you pass your renewal date and now you have no service?

Need Help? Let's chat.