cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment

Serwary786
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My payment plan  is $50 every 30 days! I have $3 off rewards every 30 day's. I'm getting charged $53.11 every month! Why is that ?

12 REPLIES 12

terrybev
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Serwary786 wrote:

How else can you lower your plan amount ?

You can refer a friend, the amount changes, I think it is one dollar per referral, plus if a promotion comes up you get an extra 10 dollar bonus. You can help in the community by answering questions, or asking questions, and even bravo on comments, already made. Then you get a dollar for each year you with PM. Plus the two dollar auto pay. Some people have got their bill at zero, but this is on going, you have to work it every month. And watch the community board, sometimes you can get etra bonus for some new promotions, once in awhile contests?

seanneyb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Check out your usage - https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/viewUsageChangePlan/ - from there, take note of how much data you use per month.  If you're not using all the data you're paying for, the easiest and fastest way to reduce your bill is to switch to a plan with less data.  You could save $10 a month by going one tier down.

Autopay is also an easy way to save $2 per month.  And for every friend you refer, you save $1 per month.  Get a few friends switched over and the savings add up more - as far as I know, there isn't a limit to how much you can save through referring friends.

Tax is inevitable, so there's no way to get rid of that.  But there are other, more esoteric ways to make sure you're not spending more than you should.  Chiefly: if you're able to, pay your credit card bill off at the end of every month.  If you don't, you're effectively being charged nearly 20% extra for every bill cycle....that's a really big one.

@Serwary786  Refer 47 more friends and family. Your total cost is $0 x 1.13 = $0.00 👍

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Would 5gigs be enough for you? Moving to 40 would save another 10. 

If you need USA calling you could install textNow, it will give you Canadian number and unlimited calling to usa. I use it to turn my $15 plan into unlimited including USA. I

you don't use too much data Maybe you could even go to 25 with TextNow for USA calls, that would cut it in half. Actually If you get on autopay you would be paying (25-3-2)*1.13=22.26

And of course sign up for autopay. You can still pay manually or with voucher but if you register you will get 2 off doesn't matter if you let autopay go through our not. If you don't have credit card, you can obtain some in an hour applying online

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

$50-3 = $47.33 

$47.33 + 13% tax = $53.11

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Consider a cheaper plan.  Everything else being equal, there is immediate gratification.  Smiley Happy

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Serwary786 wrote:

@Serwary786  The four types of rewards by which you can lower your PM bill are autopay, refer-a friend, loyalty, and community rewards.  All the details are here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

@Serwary786 wrote:

Of course easiest is Auto pay that you already have. Loyalty takes at least a year. So left with refer a friend...take advantage of promos like the one that ended yesterday where you get an additional credit and the one dollar off per month. Community rewards take a lot of dedication and/or knowledge to achieve. Regular posts, Bravos and comments or questions  when you have some free time, commuting or just bored might get another $1-$2 off your bill. Friend referrals can add up if your diligent. Check out the posts in the rewards section for some clever and interesting ways some members have built up their referrals. You can also keep an eye out in retail and paying for your service for "other" retailers promotions that can save money on vouchers or gift cards or extra points for the optimum program. A current one that I plan on taking advantage of is courtesy of @CalgaryBen . Register your MasterCard online at Shell and receive a 10% rebate on your card and airmiles when you purchase $50 or more at any Shell and their own convenience shops. They sell pm vouchers so you can top up your account and still get your Auto pay reward. That saves you 10 % off your plan ($53.11-$5.31=$47.80) you could also get a Shell gift card towards future purchases. This promo ends Dec 30th 2019. Vouchers are set amounts depending on your local shell but go up to $100 but cannot be split between two accounts so buy accordingly.

Edit: As of 10am et. Oct. 8th/2019 Mastercard/Shell has abruptly terminated this promotion.

Serwary786

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Serwary786 wrote:

My payment plan  is $50 every 30 days! I have $3 off rewards every 30 day's. I'm getting charged $53.11 every month! Why is that ?

@Serwary786  After your rewards are deducted your plan cost is $47 +13% tax ($6.11)=$53.11

Serwary786

Ontario 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Serwary786  tax!  You have to pay tax according to what province your cell number is from

Need Help? Let's chat.