Did you mean: 

Payment

Olga1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I had to pay my balance 40$, but was charged 45.20$. With Taxes has be less

8 REPLIES 8

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It caught me by suprise at first too... Coming from koodo they had taxes added into the total due, instead of just on the credit card end of things. Maybe all prepaid is charged taxes only on the payment end? Before this month I haven't been prepaid since flip phones without keyboards lol probably alot has changed since then... 

@computergeek541 wrote:

The sales tax rate is based solely on the province that your phone number is from.

Or based on the tax rate of the province where a payment voucher is purchased.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Tax Table:

633032FE-F2B3-4619-9064-0EC9B1F76BDA.png

The sales tax rate is based solely on the province that your phone number is from. It doesn't matter what your billing address is or where you currently are. If you're selected a phone nubmer that is from a city in a different province, the rate is based on province's rate. I've read a few concerns about Public Mobile charging the incorrect rate in some of the northern parts of the country. I'm not certain if that was a widespread issue, and if it was, if there was ever a permanent fix applied.

Anonymous
Not applicable

And the tax rate depends on the province that the area code of ones number is assigned to.

Edit: ninja'd

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Olga1 

There is tax added to the plan price of $40.

The charges to your credit card always include the sales tax. The sales tax rate is based on the province or territory of the area code of your phone number.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Olga1 wrote:

Nope, that's bang on.

$40.00 x 1.13 -= $45.20

*13% HST $5.20

Unless you are in a different province? This is the cost if you are in Ontario. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Olga1 wrote:

40 * 1.13 = 45.2

But don't you have any rewards going like autopay?

Need Help? Let's chat.