cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment

scamie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my account on Dec 22 and I see public mobile put $56.70 on my credit card on that date. Now I got notice my first payment is due on Jan 1st. So did I get charged $56.70 for 9 days of service.

10 REPLIES 10

@bullcrap1 wrote:

My son has $10 plan for 50 texts and 50 minutes talk..he used it up and even though there was enuf money to immediately renew, it wouldn't let me so I purchased him unlimited texting for $8..5 days later when his original plan was to be renewed, he no longer had any texting so I'm going to have to pay the full  $10 again to renew his plan and lose the $8 I recently spent on unlimited texting cause he has nothing now!

@bullcrap1  Did you renew your sons $10 plan? Or did you change to the $15? Did you contact the moderators to renew early or ask for a possible credit for mistakenly purchasing the US roaming texting add on? Consider this option if you still have the $10 plan. Do you have a family member or a friend in need of that $10 plan because they don't use their phone very much? The $10 plan is no longer offered and once changed it is gone forever. You may have an older relative that it would be perfect for you could set them up with it and activate a new plan for your son.

By taking advantage of the current promo of a free second month you could activate the $25 plan ( you may even still be able to get a free SIM at walmart) . Use your referral code and get an additional $10 credit on your sons account and a $20 credit plus a $1 monthly reward on your account. Once you recieve the $25 credit change on the next renewal your sons account down to the $15. He will still have unlimited texting and incoming calls and 100 outgoing calls.

After paying $25+tax your sons account will have $25+$10+$4 (autopay $2×2)=$39 credit his second month $39-$15=$24 third month$24+$2a/p=$26-$15=$11 fourth month$11+$2a/p=$13

you will need to pay $2 ($13+$2=$15) $15-$15=$0. 4 months of service for your son $27+tax

Additionally you have a $20 referral credit+$4 ($1×4) monthly rewards=$24 credit in your account. Choosing this option and "gifting" the $10 plan to someone who needs it you are only out of pocket a little more than $5 and have 4 months of service for your son with unlimited texting. I dont think it will be hard to find someone who wants that plan...heck there many here who would want it. But this promo and bonus referral credit can end at anytime...so don't think too long about it.

Edit: As of 7:01 am pt. today the $20 bonus referral credit is no more.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bullcrap1 wrote:

My son has $10 plan for 50 texts and 50 minutes talk..he used it up and even though there was enuf money to immediately renew, it wouldn't let me so I purchased him unlimited texting for $8..5 days later when his original plan was to be renewed, he no longer had any texting so I'm going to have to pay the full  $10 again to renew his plan and lose the $8 I recently spent on unlimited texting cause he has nothing now!

As you've discovered, we can't renew plans early. We need moderator assistance to do so.

Another option is to use a wifi texting program like Textnow etc.

The calling add-ons are good for these plans but as already mentioned...there are no texting add-ons for Canada.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@scamie wrote:

I activated my account on Dec 22 and I see public mobile put $56.70 on my credit card on that date. Now I got notice my first payment is due on Jan 1st. So did I get charged $56.70 for 9 days of service.

@scamie  That text was sent out in error, please ignore. Your next renewal will be 30 days after Dec 22, to verify dial 611 from your phone and listen for your next renewal date.

@pmmobile wrote:

@bullcrap1 

Have you considered that $15 plan: 100min outgoing, unlimited incoming calls, unlimited texting, and 250mb of data? It may end up saving you money in the long term at this rate.

Plan link: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/15for250MB-3Gspeed

Yes, this plus a $5-500 minute outgoing add on that doesn't expire until you use it is the ultimate plan for a teenager or even younger cell phone user. Keeps them connected and safe.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@scamie wrote:

Better to seek for the moderator's clarification: click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions.

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@bullcrap1 

Have you considered that $15 plan: 100min outgoing, unlimited incoming calls, unlimited texting, and 250mb of data? It may end up saving you money in the long term at this rate.

Plan link: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/15for250MB-3Gspeed

@bullcrap1 wrote:

Sorry, @bullcrap1 , but the $8 texting add on you purchased is likely for use in the US, there is no texting addon for Canada as all PM plans have unlimited texting now. Sorry.

You might ask nicely to @CS_Agent and see if they'll return your $8 to his account; however, ordinarily there are no refunds so you're at the mercy of the mods. They've been merciful in the past.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@scamie wrote:

Common issue yesterday and today. Check http://selfserve.publicmobile.ca and see that your renewal date is still the correct date, and you can ignore this message.

bullcrap1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@scamie wrote:

I've heard about a few people getting these texts. Can you please log in to your self-serve account and check what it says?

Need Help? Let's chat.