cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment

curlyhead
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

I'm new here so maybe I will ask simple questions.

My data plan has finished and the payment due date is on April 7. I'm on a monthly plan and the Autopay is on. Also, I have $22 available funds and the amount due is $ 0.

1- Should I pay from my available funds now or I should wait until the due date? What will happen if I do it now?

2- Should I make a payment or because of Autopay I shouldn't do anything?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

@curlyhead wrote:

Thank you, but it is not good to do it this way, the customer should have a degree of freedom to do it by himself.

@curlyhead, I agree with you Smiley Happy it should be an option on the selfserve site. Hopefully PM will add it one day. Until then the only option is via a moderator,  a plan change or purchasing a data addon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@curlyhead wrote:

Thank you, but it is not good to do it this way, the customer should have a degree of freedom to do it by himself.

Agreed. But it's how it is.

Early plan renewal requires moderator.

Change Plan can be done anytime. Preferred to set it to change at renewal unless you don't care about your already spent money.

@curlyhead  a écrit :

You can do a change plan early but not for the same plan..that's the way with public mobile.Smiley Happy

curlyhead

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@curlyhead wrote:

so public mobile has not any feature to restart the plan before the due date?

@curlyhead 

To early renew the same plan you are on you have to message a moderator and request early plan renewal

Anonymous
Not applicable

@curlyhead wrote:

They do. It's just not self-serve. It needs the moderator. As mentioned.

curlyhead

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@curlyhead wrote:

Hi everyone,

My data plan has finished and the payment due date is on April 7. I'm on a monthly plan and the Autopay is on. Also, I have $22 available funds and the amount due is $ 0.

1- Should I pay from my available funds now or I should wait until the due date? What will happen if I do it now?

Thanks

@curlyhead, the answer to your question is as follows.

1.  Renewal is automatic.  It occurs in the early mornings on renewal day.  Note that renewal day is the day following top up date mentioned in the overview tab.  With respect to how payment is taken, account funds is used first to make payment.  This is how people using manual top up renew.  Funds are placed in the account no latter than one day before renewal to facilitate the auto renewal.  If auto pay is enabled, any additional funds if required will be taken from the payment card at renewal time.  This is the convenience over manual top up.  Note that amount due is the expected amount of additional funds needed to renew given the funds in the account and the cost of renewal.  When there are sufficient funds already in the account, amount due shows as $0.

2.  Auto pay as the name implies results in automatic withdrawal as needed to make a payment.  No customer intervention is required.  In fact it is a good idea not to interfere with the automatic process.

Long answer, hope it clarifies the situation. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@curlyhead And if you need more data now you can buy an add-on 200Mb for 10$ or 1 Gb for 30$ and it will be in your account until it’s all used in 1 or 222 months..

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@curlyhead  a écrit :

Hi everyone,

Thanks

The best is to wait your renewal date. You will keep your rewards and what is left on your actual plan. Autopay will take your money from available funds first and from your credit card after. But you can already put the money you need to cover your plan in your account so no bad surprise if autopay fail... 

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Since your due date is Apr 7, just wait. The self serve can renew to different plan now but if you want to renew your current plan now, you may need to contact MOD to help you renew your plan ealry. Even you are with autopay, you still can upload your fund early, but this does not mean you renewed your plan, the payment will deduct from your available funds first, if not suffient, then your auto pay card.

Need Help? Let's chat.