cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment won't go through. Account inactive.

NewAlchemy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My autopay payment didn't go through. Tried paying with alternative card. Still no joy. My account is currently inactive. Feeling frustrated - Is this what Public Mobile is? Because the hassle isn't worth the savings. 

19 REPLIES 19

@jpapoula wrote:

This just happened to me today for no reason!!
i thought my credit card was near limit but I checked and had plenty funds available. 
Credit card company confirmed that a pending transaction from PM was there so why did PM not process the temp transaction as usual? I even tried to replace the card with another card and it rejected it. Finally had to put in my old Visa card and it went through. Now I'm likely to get charged twice. 
This should never happen in 2019 but I know as an IT guy, when it comes to payment systems, you get what you pay for.  In this case- mediocre!

Here's what some seasoned PM customers do to avoid problems with autopay. A few days befrore renewal, you can manually add the plan costs to your Available Funds. When it's time for renewal, your plan costs will be deducted from your Rewards and Available Funds. This seems to make the renewal process happy and you'll still get the Autopay Reward as long as you have a cc on file and Autopay enabled.

I know it's not great but it minimizes occurance of the issues you're currently experiencing with Autopay.

@jpapoula  I agree with you the PM payment has it's issues to say the least but from what you described you are not going to be charged twice.

jpapoula
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I see the problem now. Public is having a flash sale this weekend so you know what that means - let's reserve the payment system strictly for new customer and existing customers on autopay trying to make a payment go to the end of the line and get screwed.

@jpapoula wrote:

i thought my credit card was near limit but I checked and had plenty funds available. 
Credit card company confirmed that a pending transaction from PM was there so why did PM not process the temp transaction as usual? I even tried to replace the card with another card and it rejected it. Finally had to put in my old Visa card and it went through. Now I'm likely to get charged twice. 
This should never happen in 2019 but I know as an IT guy, when it comes to payment systems, you get what you pay for.  In this case- mediocre!

@jpapoula...the PM website can be somewhat giitchy sometimes. If you were double charged, you'll see the extra payment sitting in Available funds and will be applied to your next renewal. If you were double charged, you can request a refund, but refunds could take a month or more to process.

Have a look at your payment history to confirm the recent transactions.

jpapoula

@davmarwal92  

To submit a ticket to Public Mobile do the following: PMST.png

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

HI @davmarwal92

I recommend you to go online and use SIMon and create a ticket so I can help you.

Bogdan_S

davmarwal92

Hi, 

My autopayment did not go through. I have tried to replace the card and keep getting the error message "cannot verify information". I have called my bank and it is not an issue on their end. I have used a different card to make a payment in order to get my service back, however I am still not able to use my preferred card to set up auto pay OR to make a payment. 

Help me please!

NewAlchemy

@Dunkman wrote:

@NewAlchemy 

IF the above suggestions don't work, you will need to wait for moderator help, but that takes time.  

If you need service ASAP, you could buy a payment voucher in store or online (via recharge.com - service fee applies)  

Kinda defeats the purpose of autopay, but a few regulars on the forum will manually load the funds one to two days prior to due date just in case autopay fails.  

Thanks @Dunkman I managed to get service with the method you suggested. Now I'm going to try to pay directly again through this site, as recharge does cost extra, which kindof defeats the purpose of a DIY cheap service such as this. Thanks again.

NewAlchemy

@Dunkman wrote:

@NewAlchemy 

IF the above suggestions don't work, you will need to wait for moderator help, but that takes time.  

If you need service ASAP, you could buy a payment voucher in store or online (via recharge.com - service fee applies)  

Kinda defeats the purpose of autopay, but a few regulars on the forum will manually load the funds one to two days prior to due date just in case autopay fails.  

Thank you. I'll use recharge and wait for help. Much appreciated.

@NewAlchemy 

NewAlchemy

Alright. Some good ideas there.

I'll try rebooting and deleting and adding (rather than changing) the card info.

NewAlchemy

Thanks. There is a balance. I can't make any payment with any of my cards as they won't go through. Hopefully moderator will be able to help me sort this out. 

NewAlchemy

Thanks. I'm using Chrome and the authentication text did not come through.

@NewAlchemy wrote:

Yup. 

"Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan."

Tried to make payments with 3 different cards and none go through.

"Unable to process this transaction. 
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged."

Then... I messaged the moderator. They sent me authetification link - which also does not work. It rejects my username and password - even though I just used it to log in to my account. I left it for a few hours hoping it was just a glitch on their end. Still doesn't work. 

@NewAlchemy  The account verification link does not work with Microsoft's Edge browser best to use Chrome or another browser. I had to use the text verification method.

NewAlchemy

Yup. 

"Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan."

Tried to make payments with 3 different cards and none go through.

"Unable to process this transaction. 
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged."

Then... I messaged the moderator. They sent me authetification link - which also does not work. It rejects my username and password - even though I just used it to log in to my account. I left it for a few hours hoping it was just a glitch on their end. Still doesn't work. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@NewAlchemy wrote:

My autopay payment didn't go through. Tried paying with alternative card. Still no joy. My account is currently inactive. Feeling frustrated - Is this what Public Mobile is? Because the hassle isn't worth the savings. 

@NewAlchemy  When you say "AP did not go through" did your phone stop working? Did you test it before trying the adding an alternative card?

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@NewAlchemy wrote:

True. If someone is going to lose service every 30 days and have to wait 48 hrs to get their service back, no discount would be worth it, not even free in some situations. However, there are a lot of accounts that renew every month without any user interference. I have four of those, thankfully.

Does your account balance show $0.00? If so, I would make a manual payment of the amount required to renew your account with the card you know works (I assume the one on file for your autopay worked 30 days ago, and click to reactivate your account. If the money is already showing in your account balance, I would make a $1 payment and try to activate your account.

At least this way, you have immediate results or not. 

If you email a moderator, ask them at the same time, how you will go about porting out your number without it costing you anything if this happens again next month.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@NewAlchemy wrote:

If this is your renewal date, sometimes error messages are displayed in your account and are to be ignored unless you are no longer able to use your phone services.  Payments are done overnight, so check what is posted on your CC.

You can also try a couple things.

Reboot your phone, may reset the account.  If it didn't work then try the lost/stolen trick.  Log into your account, select plans/add-ons, select phone stolen tab and suspend service.  Log out wait several minutes, log back in and report phone found.  Restart your phone.

If nothing works, send a message to Moderator_Team here:https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Hearing back from the mods could take upto 48 hours.

BTW when adding a new CC to your account, make sure to select replace this card and then enter the details for the new card to be added.  Then delete the old card from your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.