cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment with Credit Card

mike7095sk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I seen alot of people saying there phone stops working b/c there credit card had a problem with the auto renew.

When i signed up my first card (a registed relaodable prepaid card) was rejected, Then i put it on regular card that worked. Not sure if i will keep that card though.

My question is what do you if the phone stops working cause of some kind of credit card processing problem ?

10 REPLIES 10

@mike7095sk wrote:

Thanks for all the tips, i firgued out soluotion that works for me, rather then going to the store to get a ticket, i prepaid 1 month, that way i dont have to worry about it,  and paying only one month, i wont owe PM alot of cash. I assume making one time payments with CC is the same as a Voucher and the autopay disccount still applies ?

@mike7095sk wrote:

Thanks for all the tips, i firgued out soluotion that works for me, rather then going to the store to get a ticket, i prepaid 1 month, that way i dont have to worry about it,  and paying only one month, i wont owe PM alot of cash. I assume making one time payments with CC is the same as a Voucher and the autopay disccount still applies ?

Yes, as long as you have a CC on file and have auto pay enabled you'll get the auto pay reward.

To see your estimated top-up needed for the next renewal see your self serve account's "My rewards page".

mike7095sk

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wetcoaster wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@mike7095sk wrote:

so when you top it up, you get a code then just input that somewhere in your self service account ?

Earlier webcoaster showed an example of a voucher purchased that provides a code that you type in to redeem.

There's another type of Public Mobile top voucher than can be purchased. This is called real time. I beleive that the type of voucher that is offered depends on that specific location.  For this type, the person as the store asks for your phone number and then tops your account up with the exact amount that you request.  You can still get a receipt for the payment, but there will no PIN on this type of voucher because the employee will have already added to your account.

To add to @computergeek541's excellent point:

- Not every merchant offers RTR (Real Time Reload)

- I believe some merchants charge a processing fee for RTR. (Last one I remember seeing was Canadian Tire Gas Bar at $1 per top up of $1-$200.)

- While it could be tempting to load higher amounts (like multiple times your monthly plan cost) to your account, keep in mind that there are no refunds at Public Mobile. If you choose to leave PM for whatever reason (migration offer, your employer provides you with a company phone etc) you might loose money if you keep your available funds high.

Agree with @wetcoaster, overpaying PM is like locking yourself to a contract because there is not refund for prepaid service providers in Canada including PM prepaid.  Always keep your money in your pocket.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@mike7095sk wrote:

so when you top it up, you get a code then just input that somewhere in your self service account ?

Earlier webcoaster showed an example of a voucher purchased that provides a code that you type in to redeem.

There's another type of Public Mobile top voucher than can be purchased. This is called real time. I beleive that the type of voucher that is offered depends on that specific location.  For this type, the person as the store asks for your phone number and then tops your account up with the exact amount that you request.  You can still get a receipt for the payment, but there will no PIN on this type of voucher because the employee will have already added to your account.

To add to @computergeek541's excellent point:

- Not every merchant offers RTR (Real Time Reload)

- I believe some merchants charge a processing fee for RTR. (Last one I remember seeing was Canadian Tire Gas Bar at $1 per top up of $1-$200.)

- While it could be tempting to load higher amounts (like multiple times your monthly plan cost) to your account, keep in mind that there are no refunds at Public Mobile. If you choose to leave PM for whatever reason (migration offer, your employer provides you with a company phone etc) you might loose money if you keep your available funds high.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mike7095sk wrote:

I seen alot of people saying there phone stops working b/c there credit card had a problem with the auto renew.

When i signed up my first card (a registed relaodable prepaid card) was rejected, Then i put it on regular card that worked. Not sure if i will keep that card though.

My question is what do you if the phone stops working cause of some kind of credit card processing problem ?

You can add $1 to your account using your credit card on file to test it before your next renewal date.  Remember this is PM community support forum.  Therefore, people does not post if their autopay work.  Only the people has issue with autopay will ask for help here.  I have not have any issues with autopay since I joined PM over 4 months ago.  Most of autopay issue is due to the credit card expiry and subsciber did not update their PM account.

@mike7095sk wrote:

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@mike7095sk

Think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward. I highly recommend everyone to top off in advance as this process can prevent the somewhat common occurrence of autopay failure which causes a HUGE pain in the butt account suspension and loss of service.

If during a early manual top up you have a payment failure then you can deal with the issue before it becomes critical.

@mike7095sk wrote:

You'd go and buy a voucher from a participating merchant. This one is from my local corner store which is hooked up to the nowprepay system. Your receipt might look different depending on where you get it from....

voucher.jpg

Screenshot-2018-4-25-Public-Mobile---oneTimeTopUp-Page(2).jpg

mike7095sk

@mike7095sk wrote:

If payment fails, your service will stop working.  You'll either have to use a different card or purchase your needed top up from a store.  I think it was recharge.com (or a similar website) that sells top up codes and will accept Paypal.

Need Help? Let's chat.