cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment voucher

Martinwhalen66
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to put a payment voucher on my phone but won't go through. Bought another phone card and same problem. I think that it's ridiculous to not have a help line to call. Very inconvenient. 

32 REPLIES 32

BLD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I didn't use that one. I used the one that was offered by the automated 'SIMON.' I'll try this one now.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@BLD wrote:

I tried both online and 611. I have never had to wait 24 hours to get a payment voucher to take. I don't understand why it wouldn't let me contact the moderator. 

If you continue to have problems use this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@BLD if  you used this private message link to contact the moderators directly,   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You must enter something in the subject message field. You will not be allowed to send it until there is something there. Once you send your message, check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

BLD

I tried both online and 611. I have never had to wait 24 hours to get a payment voucher to take. I don't understand why it wouldn't let me contact the moderator. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@BLD wrote:

I need help with a payment voucher. I tried to contact a moderator directly and it wouldn't let me send the message. This isn't the first time I have had to do this and I had no issues contacting a moderator before. I checked that I had everything checked, but the submit button was greyed out, and refused to become active no matter what I did.

Could a moderator please respond to this asap and tell me what I'm supposed to do? I'm not going to be out $20 for this.

Sometimes it takes up to 24 hours for the voucher to become active. When did you purchase it? Are you adding the voucher by self service or dialing 611.

If you are using self service make sure you clear your history/cache and then open a new browser in incognito/private mode.

If you continue to have problems use this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

BLD

I need help with a payment voucher. I tried to contact a moderator directly and it wouldn't let me send the message. This isn't the first time I have had to do this and I had no issues contacting a moderator before. I checked that I had everything checked, but the submit button was greyed out, and refused to become active no matter what I did.

Could a moderator please respond to this asap and tell me what I'm supposed to do? I'm not going to be out $20 for this.

@hilarybennett62  @ckgm9800  @Martinwhalen66 

As already mentioned....not all vouchers are the same. Some can be loaded immediately such as ones from convenience stores (normally), Shell stations and London drugs. Others such as Canadian tire take up to 24 hours. The 12 digit code can be listed as the voucher, pin or redemption # depending on the retailer. Try each set of numbers.They can loaded onto your thru self serve, 611 or thru the moderators.

A few photos of actual vouchers (no longer valid) can be seen in the unofficial "Voucher Catalogue" in the paying for your service section. Type it in the search bar to access it. Please feel free to add a pic of your redeemed vouchers to help make the catalogue more complete and help others like yourselves in the same situation.

@ckgm9800 wrote:

I,ve Benn With Puplic Mobile, Never Had Trouble Paying With Voucher Except For Now I Payed 50.00$ In Voucher And My Account Doesn:t Except My Voucher Number....If This Continues I"m Going To Another Company........Can"t Even Call Anybody At Puplic Mobile......

@ckgm9800  It's always frustrating when you're trying to pay and PM's system won't accept it. 

Did you purchase your voucher from the same retailer that you normally do?  There can be a delay sometimes (upto 24 hours) before the funds on a voucher, depending upon the retailer, can be activated.  If it has been a day since you bought the voucher, then you will need to submit a ticket to moderators via SIMon for assistance here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type in your issue and select contact us, then submit ticket when those options appear, then follow the rest of the prompts to complete your submission. 

ckgm9800

I,ve Benn With Puplic Mobile, Never Had Trouble Paying With Voucher Except For Now I Payed 50.00$ In Voucher And My Account Doesn:t Except My Voucher Number....If This Continues I"m Going To Another Company........Can"t Even Call Anybody At Puplic Mobile......

@hilarybennett62 , from the same place as the current ones?

@hilarybennett62 wrote:

I have been buying vouchers since I pretty well started .This is the first time this has happened!I am extremely pissed off about it!!!

hilarybennett62

Two days in a row??

edited by computergeek541: Community terms of service (language)

hilarybennett62

I have been buying vouchers since I pretty well started .This is the first time this has happened!I am extremely pissed off about it!!!

hilarybennett62

I have been having the same problem for two days also!! Two different vouchers as well!! Its **bleep** irritating isnt it?

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

A voucher can take up to a day to become active. Refresh the page and try again later. Webpage issues correct themselves eventually. If issue persists, then contact moderators.

@CannonFodder wrote:

@dabr wrote:

Sometimes the funds on a voucher can take upto a day before they become available.  Also double check the activation numbers are being input correctly.

I've seen this mentioned here SEVERAL times in the past couple of weeks, and apparently it depends on where you bought the voucher from. For instance, when I was with Lucky Mobile, I bought vouchers from Real Canadian Superstore, and they would go through RIGHT AWAY, but folks here have mentioned that some retailers' vouchers don't become "active" for several hours.

So, @Martinwhalen66 , where did you buy the vouchers/cards from?

Seems like if PM wants to compete with Lucky they need to overhaul their antiquated AutoPay and Voucher systems  sooner rather than later.

@Martinwhalen66 wrote:

Bought it from a convince store, and it was purchased on Saturday. I feel like this would've been lots of time to go through. 

@Martinwhalen66  Yes, that would be more than enough time. If you can't activate the voucher by dialing 611 on the device than send a message to the moderators and include the voucher PIN and the account number and they should be able to add it for you.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Martinwhalen66 wrote:

I tried to put a payment voucher on my phone but won't go through. Bought another phone card and same problem. I think that it's ridiculous to not have a help line to call. Very inconvenient. 

It's Public Mobile's business model, clearly stated on the website:

If you insist on having over the phone support you'll have to go elsewhere and pay the according price tag.

(Disclaimer, I personally prefer Public Mobile's model. Any interaction I had with the moderators (= Public Mobile customer service agents) problems were solved as fast or faster than with any of the call centre people on other providers, without the need of being on / around the phone for hours.)

ESPECIALLY that last part! 👍 

sweden06
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Martinwhalen66 wrote:

Bought it from a convince store, and it was purchased on Saturday. I feel like this would've been lots of time to go through. 

Yes, it should definitly be available right now. 

You have three options:

1.) Try dialing 611 and add the voucher

2.) Try to add it via My Account online here on PM 

3.) Reach out to the Moderators

I know this can be frustrating. I personally recommend option number 2 before reaching out to a Moderator.

@Martinwhalen66 

Pay With A Payment Voucher

1. Press 1 from the main menu.
  2. Press 1 to select payment via voucher.
  3. Enter the 12 digit pin from your payment voucher. The location of the PIN varies depending on where you purchase your voucher; however, you will typically find it on the top or the bottom of your receipt. Below is an example, so you know what to look for:

Public Mobile - Knowledge Base Articles Overhaul DESIGN-Receipts Aug9

@Martinwhalen66 wrote:

Yes they should definitely be available for use by now.  You'll need to contact moderators for assistance now.  A little frustrating I'm sure.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Martinwhalen66 wrote:

It's Public Mobile's business model, clearly stated on the website:

Screenshot_2020-01-28-Public-Mobile.jpg

If you insist on having over the phone support you'll have to go elsewhere and pay the according price tag.

(Disclaimer, I personally prefer Public Mobile's model. Any interaction I had with the moderators (= Public Mobile customer service agents) problems were solved as fast or faster than with any of the call centre people on other providers, without the need of being on / around the phone for hours.)

Martinwhalen66

@CannonFodder wrote:

@dabr wrote:

Sometimes the funds on a voucher can take upto a day before they become available.  Also double check the activation numbers are being input correctly.

I've seen this mentioned here SEVERAL times in the past couple of weeks, and apparently it depends on where you bought the voucher from. For instance, when I was with Lucky Mobile, I bought vouchers from Real Canadian Superstore, and they would go through RIGHT AWAY, but folks here have mentioned that some retailers' vouchers don't become "active" for several hours.

I've never personally used vouchers myself either, but I've also read others mention that buying vouchers from gas stations don't have issues with delayed payments either.

Martinwhalen66

The stroke for yourself I'm sure Is great. I'm trying to do this for an older man who has no access to a computer. Unless you have a solution, I don't need your 2 cents worth thank you. 

@Martinwhalen66 wrote:

Yes, the pin is correct, it's only a flip phone the browser is never used on the phone. 

Dial 611 and you should be able to add the voucher.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

sweden06
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Martinwhalen66 wrote:

Yes, the pin is correct, it's only a flip phone the browser is never used on the phone. 

Have you tried to add them via your computer with your online account? Old flip-phones are not always reliable 😛

@dabr wrote:

Martinwhalen66

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Martinwhalen66 wrote:

Different strokes for different folks, it seems. Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Martinwhalen66 . Some payment vouchers take up to 24 hours to become active. However, to contact a moderator and explain your situation . Click on the green questionmar in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one . (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@Martinwhalen66 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.