cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment voucher

mpenney
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a payment voucher and it won't work Smiley Sad I have tried to do it online and through *611 with no luck... I've never had any trouble with it before so I am not sure what to do @purelyscott 

13 REPLIES 13

yourmohsin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The moderator replied to my email last night and with his help I was able to redeem my voucher. In fact he redeemed it. 

I hope the same ordeal does not repeat during next recharge. 

yourmohsin

@Luddite 

I did try *611 and selfservice dosens of time after every couple of hours but same result. Not working....

@yourmohsin Did you try entering it via 611?

I don't know, but wonder if the online vouchers from recharge.com or ding.com are immediately active. Anyone know for sure?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

yourmohsin

Almost 24 hours of waiting and voucher bought from shoppers is still not working.

My plan is expiring tonight.

I emailed to @CS_Agent but no reply. May be they also need couple of days to reply. Further, I do not think they (@Moderator_Team) got time to efficiently solve this issue once forever. Anyhow this happens when you cut corners to provide service at low cost. 

kovu104

To clerify. 

Macs Circle K convinence stores are instant no waiting time. 

Zehres Same no wait time on the code confirmed with multiple managers. Where are you getting this 2 day information is there a link for your source of information?

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mpenney wrote:

I have kept trying every once in a while hoping it will work and now its telling me to message @CS_Agent when I call and try it but I still haven't heard anything from them  and now I can't use my phone because my plan has expired 

Give them time to get back to you, trust me they will, all will work out in the end.

mpenney

I have kept trying every once in a while hoping it will work and now its telling me to message @CS_Agent when I call and try it but I still haven't heard anything from them  and now I can't use my phone because my plan has expired 

@yourmohsin I agree I hear that alot about shoppers recently

yourmohsin

I bought a voucher too from shoppers and its not working !! 

It seems we need to wait until the voucher is updated !!!

Really... unbelievable in this digital world!!!

@Alex888 wrote:
@mpenneyDepending on where you bought the voucher it can take up to 2 days for it to be activated. And it's the 12 digit numeric code on the receipt, not the voucher itself. If it's been longer than 2 days you will need to contact the moderators, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

I do not know what process Public Mobile and the merchants are using to sell these vouchers. However, any delay in them becoming valid is unacceptable.  These codes should be valid as soon as they are printed. Having a system in place that allows an essentially random number to be printed but needing to wait for the merchant's system and Public Mobile's systems to synchroinze is just silly. 

I've purchased prepaid phone vouchers form stores for other carriers before and they always work instantly.  The merchant and Public Mobile system should be permanently connected and the code not generated until validated by Public Mobile.  Until that happens, we'll continue to see more complaints about this and stories about people who purchased payment vouchers but have services suspended through no fault of their own. 

GR
Mayor / Maire

It can take up to 48 hours to hear back from them! 

mpenney

I am using the right number because I have done it before with no problems and it works right away... I have tagged the moderator term and sent them a message yesterday but still haven't got a reply back yet (not sure how long it takes)

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@mpenney Depending on where you bought the voucher it can take up to 2 days for it to be activated. And it's the 12 digit numeric code on the receipt, not the voucher itself. If it's been longer than 2 days you will need to contact the moderators, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
Need Help? Let's chat.