cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment voucher won't add to account

Fthop
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just got back from purchasing a payment voucher, adding it to the account, the page tells me that the voucher cannot be added/isn't recognised. 

Are there system issues going on right now, or is there maybe a way that a mod or user could help me out with adding it? I logged out and back in, refreshed the page, everything. 

Just simply says that it cannot be added, and to check the number again. I've even had someone else input it for me, haha, and the same thing happens. 

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

BrandonH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was having the same issue.  I realized I was adding the Voucher #, but needed to add the Voucher Pin.... It worked!  So hopefully this will work for you.  

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

Recharge.com is usually activated instantly, 

My experience was not instant. Maybe upwards to 15 minutes. Still better than running out to buy one somewhere.

@AnonymousGood to know, I changed my notes document to say "Recharge.com is usually activated within 15 minutes"

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

Recharge.com is usually activated instantly, 

My experience was not instant. Maybe upwards to 15 minutes. Still better than running out to buy one somewhere.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Fthop, @RobertQc

When I recently tried out recharge.com, entering it into the website didn't seem to want to work. Doing all the usual tricks didn't get it going. I tried the 611 and it went in right away.

@AnonymousOnce again the IVR (611) saves the day!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fthop, @RobertQc

When I recently tried out recharge.com, entering it into the website didn't seem to want to work. Doing all the usual tricks didn't get it going. I tried the 611 and it went in right away.

Fthop

RobertQc, thanks for the tip about the IVR system, I didn't even know that was an option, and it worked right away! 

@Fthop wrote:

Oh gotcha! Thank you very much! 

This would be the first time that I've encountered having to wait any length of time after purchasing the voucher to add it to my account; but I will keep that in mind. 

I will also send them a message now; my plan doesn't renew for another couple of days so I'll get in that queue and in the meantime just try again later today. 

@FthopKeep us updated when things change. Good luck

Fthop

Oh gotcha! Thank you very much! 

This would be the first time that I've encountered having to wait any length of time after purchasing the voucher to add it to my account; but I will keep that in mind. 

I will also send them a message now; my plan doesn't renew for another couple of days so I'll get in that queue and in the meantime just try again later today. 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Fthop wrote:

Just got back from purchasing a payment voucher, adding it to the account, the page tells me that the voucher cannot be added/isn't recognised. 

Are there system issues going on right now, or is there maybe a way that a mod or user could help me out with adding it? I logged out and back in, refreshed the page, everything. 

Just simply says that it cannot be added, and to check the number again. I've even had someone else input it for me, haha, and the same thing happens. 

Thanks!

@Fthop

Sorry you are having trouble, are you sure you entered the correct PIN number? You might see 2 different numbers on the receipt. Depending on where and when you purchased the voucher (such as canadian tire) it usually can take up to 24 hours for it to be active, I have heard of some cases where it takes 48 hours (shoppers drug mart) so in store voucher activations may be delayed. Keep trying every few hours at it may just end up working.

Other suggestions to try and submit a payment through the Automated Service IVR (More information, please see the How Can I Pay For My Service? article) by dialing 611 an entering the pin over your phone, also clearing your cache / browsing history / cookies / trying a different browser / private browsing or incognito. A while back I was reading a post from PM staff regarding the possibility of accounts getting accidentally flagged for possible fraud (by the system, no fault of yours) to where they are unable to add ANY VOUCHER even when it is currently active.

Recharge.com is usually activated instantly, and recommended if your service is currently suspended to speed up the process, but will only help with the voucher activation process, not if your account has been flagged. As stated by Alan_K here they are currently investigating the issue and do not have a solid answer of why this happens, only "possibilities"

So in the meantime shoot off a message to the moderator team to look into it. Click this to send them a message For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Need Help? Let's chat.