Can’t make my payment it’s saying I tried to many time 

8 REPLIES 8

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Joanne-hallett wrote:

@Joanne-hallett 

Are you trying to activate a SIM card?

If so, and your credit card was not charged yet. Back out of the process, and wait an hour to try again.

When you do try again, you could try using this method to activate; click this link to use the: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Joanne-hallett 

All very good suggestions here, about re-attempting payment.  When using a credit card, make sure to match the number with the billing address to minimize any problems.  In the meantime, if you're still having problems, you can always use a voucher in the meantime to Top-up.

Prepaid Vouchers are available from a lot of convenience stores, retail outlets, and even online stores.  Popular ones are London Drugs (retail) or Canadian Cell Supplies (online).  You can dial 611 with your voucher# if you need to quickly top up without access to Self Serve or your credit card.

@Joanne-hallett 

You can only attempt two payments before it locks you out and you just get an error message. Don't try more than 4 times with the same card or it will trigger a fraud lock that ony a CSA can fix. Wait one hour between two attempts. Follow this guideline when  making changes in your account.

1. Clear your browser/cache/cookies ( best w/a glass of milk...lol!😃)
  3. Reboot your device. 
  4. Open one tab only.
  5. Use secret/incognito mode.
  6. Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Edge work best ( depending on mobile/laptop/pc)
  7. Still fails then change your device and repeat.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Joanne-hallett : How are you going about trying to make the payment? Self-serve? 611? Payment card? Voucher? Instant-Top-up?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Try to add the credit card into the Self-Serve first.

Then wait 5 mins and call 611 and see if you can load the fund that way.

If funds are loaded, log back onto Self-serve and reactivate the account.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

- What did happen for each failed attempt to pay?

- What message did you get for each failure?

- You could try a hour later with different browser. On PC Edge and Chrome work the best, even though Firefox should work too.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Joanne-hallett  try *611 as advised by @hairbag1  and see how it goes.

If you are still unable to do so or you don't know the PIN, can you try another credit card?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Joanne-hallett wrote:

Try paying by dialing 611 with your credit card / debit card. You'll need your PIN.

Need Help? Let's chat.