cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment taken on first day and missing the offer

Jpublic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi guys, I purchased my Sim card online and on the day it had arrived in the mail Public announced their offer for free Sim if bought in store with one month for $0. I activated it at home because i had no other choice. I couldn’t return the Sim as well because its non-refundable. Is there any way to be paid back as i got my sim card on the same day the offer was on? My second question is i subscribed for the $25 plan, i got charged on my credit card $28.25 for some reason right on the first day but my first payment should have been in November im on auto-pay does anyone know why this happened? Another thing is i noticed i have $27 in available funds which is less that what they have taken out of my account, why?? Please guys help me, i transfered to public because i cant afford to pay too much and this is not a good start. Any help is appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8

Spare SIM card will be perfect to give to your first referral once the free SIM card promo is over.

Jpublic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you so much for all your replies. I now understand. I feel so bad to have missed the offer. Oh well!.. thank you all.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Yes, @cellphoneuser1 , but not the $10 for the sim. You are right though, this is the correct result to the op's activation according to the info provided.

The free sim promo isn't by credit. The store doesn't charge for it if activated at the store.  $10 credit is if jpublic got referred.

Yes, @cellphoneuser1 , but not the $10 for the sim. You are right though, this is the correct result to the op's activation according to the info provided.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

On the sim card, only instore activations were eligible for the "free sim." So I don't think there is anything you can do there. If you purchased a sim online today, you would not get the deal either.

@Jpublic already has the $25 credit for a free month.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

On your charge of $28.25, you are charged tax on the $25. $25 X 1.13 = $28.25

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

On the sim card, only instore activations were eligible for the "free sim." So I don't think there is anything you can do there. If you purchased a sim online today, you would not get the deal either.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Jpublic you won't get a refund for sim. The second month is free, and not the first. That $27 in your account is worth $27+tax. Your plan is only $25+tax ($23 if you factor in autopay). You won't have to pay anything for the renewal.  Everything happened as it should have.

Need Help? Let's chat.