cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment/service issues related to auto-pay renewals

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There are a number of customers with payment issues this morning relating to failed auto-pay renewals.  

It would be nice if Public Mobile or the @CS_Agent might post an update to this thread to inform the many users experiencing this. 

No need for anyone else to reply with recommendations (I'm not experiencing an impact) -- unless you have direct insight as to cause. 

[EDIT:   Oracles, please kindly do not relegate this to the Lounge - thank you]

97 REPLIES 97

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Spudster wrote:

There are a number of customers with payment issues this morning relating to failed auto-pay renewals.  

It would be nice if Public Mobile or the @CS_Agent might post an update to this thread to inform the many users experiencing this. 

No need for anyone else to reply with recommendations (I'm not experiencing an impact) -- unless you have direct insight as to cause. 

@Spudster - agreed, this would be quite useful for PM to advise or make some kind of announcement.

I know we are not supposed to say "contact the moderators" if fixes can be made like, making a manually payment.

But I think any time an AUTOPAY fails customers really should be letting Public Mobile know each time it does. Autopay failures should be reported even if the user can get their services up and running on their own.

Keeping balances in our accounts so autopay does not fail is a bit ridiculous IMO.

I do not keep balances in my Electric, Internet, or TV Company's account; so, why should I for my cell phone account?

@softech...

no argument here...but this is Public Mobile, sometimes weird things occur.

You would think Autopay would be bullet- proof eh.

edit...the "autopay glitch" has been around for 3 years that I'm aware of. Until autopay is fixed...manually prepaying assures the renewal process is successful.

@hairbag1  while this is a good and safe way to assure no loss of service, this defeats the purpose of autopay.  Autopay should give us peace of mind..

Masterandy80
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yep same thing here and cannot log in to do anything about it or see what's going on

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Spudster  agree... i was to post something like that.  A big enough issue like this, mod shouldn't be quiet like this.

Also , if PM sees their Autopay issue, they should SMS affects users directly , in this case, ask them to manually pay for this payment to avoid service interruption.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Spudster...

some seasoned PM users will manually pay their plan costs a few days ahead of renewal. Put $$ into Available Funds ahead of renewal and then the credit card / debit card doesn't get touched. This seems to make the renewal process happy.  You'll also get the Autopay Reward.

gdrinnan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same thing happening to me!

It seems selfserve.publicmobile.ca is down, not sure what we can do about this.

Need Help? Let's chat.