cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Re: Payment/service issues related to auto-pay renewals

@softech 

I'm not saying its acceptable....its not but it happens at every provider! So its not just a pm problem its an industry wide problem.....and yes I left each of the providers( for their habitual billing errors for 6+ months) except for the billing issue with telus optik tv because there was no alternative and they gave me considerable credits to make up for it.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@softech wrote

No official statement from Mod so far.  From experience,  i don't think any official apology will come out from PM, they won't do anything.

@softech 

There's been no official statement, however, there was an earlier reply from the Moderator_team on a related thread (which I posted above in this ever-growing thread)

It's the closest thing to acknowledgement I could find...  maybe that's all we're gonna get?

Agree, they should provide more.

fredfor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@darlicious 

"I'm not apologizing for public mobile I'm just stating that customers need to have reasonable expectations of a third tier prepaid service that does not offer a traditional pre-authorized autopay system. All other providers require you hand over authorization to bill your credit card at their discretion. Public mobile does not do this."

False.

I entered my valid credit card info when I signed up for autopay, Public Mobile keeps it on file, and Public Mobile bills it every month for whatever they feel like charging (depends on referrals, loyalty bonus, etc.). Up until now, Public mobile has always charged the correct amount.

@darlicious 

"I'm not saying its acceptable....its not but it happens at every provider! So its not just a pm problem its an industry wide problem."

Ummm, no. Businesses want to make money.Taking money from their customers is a vital function for any business.

I've never had a company that had my credit card info on file that fail to take my money (many have taken the wrong amount, but that's a different question).

sherry6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not impressed with this failure in auto pay.  I lost my service for a day and was not able to file a ticket as I continued to get a message that the account had been suspended.  Finally after many hours I was able to manually pay but ended up paying more than my original monthly charge.  Not sure why.  Great inconvenience!!!

softech
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious  I would said because PM is a 100% online service business (as in no helpdesk to call), having a bulletproof system is even more critical.  For Rogers/Telus/Bell, I call call and very often, they can do some workaround.  For PM, there is no workaround.   Also, any system issue would need a ticket with mod and it takes time.

Also, don't take it wrong, I am not mad like other poster the other day,  XXXXX the whole post towards PM.  I still think they have a decent system and call/data service is reliable.  I just hope to see improvements and I think they can do better.  I accept that there can be system issues but activation, autopay and system slowness definitely still have room to make it better.    

I hope to see Telus will still do something to improve the system.  Last thing I want to see is Telus to keep the current system as is.. that would be a sign that they are planning an "exit" for PM soon... 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@fredfor wrote:

@darlicious 

"I'm not apologizing for public mobile I'm just stating that customers need to have reasonable expectations of a third tier prepaid service that does not offer a traditional pre-authorized autopay system. All other providers require you hand over authorization to bill your credit card at their discretion. Public mobile does not do this."

False.

I entered my valid credit card info when I signed up for autopay, Public Mobile keeps it on file, and Public Mobile bills it every month for whatever they feel like charging (depends on referrals, loyalty bonus, etc.). Up until now, Public mobile has always charged the correct amount.

@darlicious 

"I'm not saying its acceptable....its not but it happens at every provider! So its not just a pm problem its an industry wide problem."

Ummm, no. Businesses want to make money.Taking money from their customers is a vital function for any business.

I've never had a company that had my credit card info on file that fail to take my money (many have taken the wrong amount, but that's a different question).

@fredfor 

You give pm permission to attempt to charge your card the amount owing for plan renewal minus any account balances or rewards....once and only once per renewal. They cannot charge your card for any other reason at any other time. If a payment is disputed or reversed and you owe after the fact they still cannot charge your card on file instead they will suspend your services and demand payment via voucher or in extreme cases by money order. All other providers with normal pre-authorized payment systems can charge any amount erroneous or otherwise to your pre-authorized card on file. Read the small print in your service agreement.....so no the wrong amount charged in not another matter....or I should say its only another matter for other providers who can exercise this privilege that you have given them permission to do so.

Edit: Edited for clarification for @fredfor .

Lonetreejim
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Everybody knows $hit happens.  It has/will happen to everybody using every service.

What bothers me the most is a company that has no phone support has such crappy online support.  It took me an hour and a half this afternoon waiting for the self-serve website to trickle me my account pages.

Frankly, I like not having to interface with service reps.  Less chance to be lied to.  But in this day and age having a decent web server should be a no brainer.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Lonetreejim wrote:

Everybody knows $hit happens.  It has/will happen to everybody using every service.

What bothers me the most is a company that has no phone support has such crappy online support.  It took me an hour and a half this afternoon waiting for the self-serve website to trickle me my account pages....Normally, you have immediate access to account info / status Today is one of those rare occurrences when the website is ...dysfunctional. 

I'd disagree with your statement about crappy online support. You post a question to this Community and you have crowd-sourced info in a moment or two at the most. Today...well things just aren't "normal"...sorta like 2020/21 itself eh.

Frankly, I like not having to interface with service reps.  Less chance to be lied to.  But in this day and age having a decent web server should be a no brainer.

Canlan54a
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hopefully PM will not play the public holiday card to use as an excuse for neglecting to resolve these issues that they were well aware of for some time, as well as others as they are uncovered...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Considering rogers has phone support it has still experienced autopay issues and system failures. While dated their community also not exactly a go to place for their customer support....

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation...

Need Help? Let's chat.