cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_J
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Payment/service issues related to auto-pay renewals

I decided that even though I knew how to reactivate my account (took an hour to make a payment online!) I decided to let the moderators (PM employees) know how I felt. This is my comment to them:

"I've noticed auto pay failures with peoples' accounts suspended previously, with a manual payment being the solution to have the account reactivated. My wife's credit card payment went through, mine didn't on the same credit account. Ever since I started using preauthorized payments for ALL my utilities, taxes, insurance, tv and internet I have NEVER experienced such a failure. The frequency of failures and the painfully slow access to Public Mobile's website makes me wonder if PM is deliberately sabotaging customers to entice them to move to TELUS- premium plans, premium prices!"

natewu

@Brian_J wrote:

I decided that even though I knew how to reactivate my account (took an hour to make a payment online!) I decided to let the moderators (PM employees) know how I felt. This is my comment to them:

"I've noticed auto pay failures with peoples' accounts suspended previously, with a manual payment being the solution to have the account reactivated. My wife's credit card payment went through, mine didn't on the same credit account. Ever since I started using preauthorized payments for ALL my utilities, taxes, insurance, tv and internet I have NEVER experienced such a failure. The frequency of failures and the painfully slow access to Public Mobile's website makes me wonder if PM is deliberately sabotaging customers to entice them to move to TELUS- premium plans, premium prices!"

If that was the case, I feel like it would make customers avoid Telus

Canlan54a
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Fair point...imoho: it's more likely indifference / expedience and possilbly a little incompetence on the corporate management side thrown in.

Brian_J

My thought also, but that might mean that PM's administration is incompetent. I didn't ask for help from the moderators because they give customers excellent advice and help resolve all complaints and I simply did what they have said over and over, make a manual payment. I will state again, Telus has the technical expertise to eliminate the auto pay problems, why haven't they used it?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mcmulray 

This prepaid service. It doesn't matter which provider you are with if you have prepaid service with them and they don't recieve payment beforehand their payment system will suspend your service. Without discrimination that's how it works, it sucks. Yes we realize its not your fault. Oh well...c'est la vie!

If you want to be 100% assured that you won't lose service than either pay for your service ahead of time or choose a postpaid provider. Who like pm will send you a reminder to pay your bill..... if you go past due they will send you another reminder. Finally they will then send you a final reminder letter by mail to pay your bill and if you don't pay they will cut you off and charge you a reconnection fee and possibly require a deposit from you while they continue to bill you for service you are not recieving. Unlike pm who just cuts off your service and gives you many options to pay and reactivate your service on your own and doesn't continue to bill you for service you are not recieving.

Reconnection fees range between $35 and $45 for post paid accounts at all providers.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mcmulray 

Here's what happens if your autopay fails or you update your credit card with rogers.....

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Archived-Posts/Beware-of-25-charge-for-pre-authorized-credit-c...

Canlan54a
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Agreed, but as a previous Telus customer for over 10 years, I can tell you they have similar simple petty recurring bugaboos they refuse to address, so to be fair I would conclude that the incompetence comes from the parent Telus and PM simply toes the line with their corporate policy / decisions. However the issue remains.

Brian_J

@darlicious Most everyone on PM understands how prepaid service works. The complaint is about their preauthorized payments not going through, which is a problem PM has had and continues to have. Why PM and not any other company that I and innumerable others have/had preauthorized payment plans over many years!

JLO41
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Well finally someone has come up with an explanation for why 

Public Mobile is a mess to-day. I have auto -pay was going to be simpler. Not!

No service and my account suspended.

Why not pay someone to answer a phone.

Kingston.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@JLO41....

try dialing 611 to pay for your renewal, using your on-file cc...you will need your pin number.

Need Help? Let's chat.