cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment refund

MissKawi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How can I request for reimbursement for a payment done by mistake.

13 REPLIES 13

@MissKawi 

To submit a ticket to Public Mobile do the following: PMST.png

@MissKawi 

The only plan that doesn't have texting is the $30 data-only plan.

If you purchased this plan in error and purchased another plan right away, you can send a ticket to Moderators with an explanation.

Use SIMon chatbot to subumit a ticket to Moderators

1. Click the green "?" on the lower right of this page

2. Type "Contact moderator"

3. Click "Account-specific question"

4. Click "No, I want a human"

5. Click "Submit a ticket"

6. Login if your username/password are not filled in.

7. Click the drop down menu (in the white area).

8. Pick the topic that fits your issue and follow the directions to submit it.

9. If none of the topics are correct click Other/Something Else until you reach the blank form.

MissKawi

It was not an overpayment, i picked the wrong plan and the text would not work, hard to read on the mobile, small font... I have been with public mobile for quite some time and I know how this works and their plans I just picked the wrong one without noticing.  And then when I tried to simply add-on texting that did not work either. Like i said, I needed to text right away so I bought another plan to fix it, changed it right away but ended losing the full cost of the first one. And there is no option to cancel something on the same day to get the money put back to the account.  My phone is fully compatible with these plans, had it for months.

MissKawi

I did not get a refund, our messages are getting crossed i guess.

@annettedavid wrote:

I guess the moderator has arranged a refund for one payment I am waiting for them to close my account if possible.  That was a good move though.

Thanks

I'm really confused now...how does this relate ?

Consider yourself lucky if you've been granted a refund.

If you want to close your account, just remove your credit card from autopay...90 days after your current plan expires, your account will close permenantley.

MissKawi

It was not an overpayment, i picked the wrong plan and the text would not work, hard to read on the mobile, small font... I have been with public mobile for quite some time and I know how this works and their plans I just picked the wrong one without noticing.  And then when I tried to simply add-on texting that did not work either. Like i said, I needed to text right away so I bought another plan to fix it, changed it right away but ended losing the full cost of the first one. And there is no option to cancel something on the same day to get the money put back to the account.  My phone is fully compatible with these plans, had it for months.

annettedavid

I guess the moderator has arranged a refund for one payment I am waiting for them to close my account if possible.  That was a good move though.

Thanks

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Any overpayment will just end up in available funds and be applied to your next payment. You won't lose any funds. No worry. Hope you find the right plan for your needs.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@MissKawi wrote:

How can I request for reimbursement for a payment done by mistake.

It sounds a bit messy. It looks like your having trouble understanding the plans offered by Public Mobile.

- if you cannot text, perhaps your phone is not compatiable with Public Mobile network.
- Please start by reading this: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started

Once you figure out what you need, you'll have to contact Moderator Team to explain how this all transpired.

If you get an understanding Moderator, you can expect to see credits applied to your account for the mistakes that were made.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hairbag1 the $8 plan is the usa roaming i believe.

@MissKawi   maybe layout exatly what hapened and we might be able to better direct you on how to ask and what to ask.  

PM is oficially prepaid service and typiclaly no refunds on plans.  exceptions are sometimes made.  but a clear timeline and case needs to be made.  "refunds also typically take the form of a  account credit.

all plans include SMS so not really sure why you could SMS 

@MissKawi wrote:

No that is not the issue, i had purchased a plan and then realized i could not text and so I had to purchase a new plan right away as I needed text. I tried adding just text for $8 but that didn't work either, so I lost that $35 plus $8 and then had to pay another $39.55 for the right plan.

The $35 plan includes unlimited international texting...should have worked for you. There is no $8 text only plan. Can you clarify if I'm incorrect in my assumption.

MissKawi

No that is not the issue, i had purchased a plan and then realized i could not text and so I had to purchase a new plan right away as I needed text. I tried adding just text for $8 but that didn't work either, so I lost that $35 plus $8 and then had to pay another $39.55 for the right plan.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

If you made a payment to your plan ahead of schedule, just let it sit there until next renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.