cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment problem - Credit card blocked - Need unblocking please

randomname123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello! I am having a payment problem. My credit card has been blocked by Public Mobile ONLY (works everywhere else). Could you please unblock it (one of the mods) or people in charge of that? I really need access to my phone. Thank you very much!

21 REPLIES 21

@randomname123 Have you updated your new address with your bank? If you haven't, you should probably do so before you run into the same problem again.

@Luddite wrote:

@randomname123 Sadly, unless you don't want your current number or plan to move to Koodo/Telus, your PM account must be active. To be on the safe side call 611 and disable autopay.

Good luck with your new provider.

+1

@randomname123 wrote:

It's too complicated and takes too long time and I tried to buy a top up too and it only allows me to use credit card no paypal for some reason. Anyway thanks man and have a good day!

Hmmm...it took me 30 seconds to pick a top up amount to get to payment methods.. screenshot below on how you can pay..once paid code is on screen and it's also sent via email.

Screenshot_20200123_203304_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200123_203514_com.android.chrome.jpg

@randomname123 https://www.recharge.com/en/canada/public-mobile-top-up  shows Paypal as an option.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

randomname123

It's too complicated and takes too long time and I tried to buy a top up too and it only allows me to use credit card no paypal for some reason. Anyway thanks man and have a good day!

@randomname123 Sadly, unless you don't want your current number or plan to move to Koodo/Telus, your PM account must be active. To be on the safe side call 611 and disable autopay.

Good luck with your new provider.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@randomname123 wrote:

Thank you for your help but I give up. It just takes way too much time to fix a little thing. I'm changing phone company right away. Sorry but someone is waiting for my call I can't wait until tomorrow. Thanks for the help guys but I'm not satisfied with the support service (people here are nice but the support service in general and slow website and unclear way to proceed is really frustrating). Moderators contacted me 15 minute ago and still no more answer like if I was forgotten. Well good day to you all!

@randomname123  go to recharge.com and buy a public mobile top-up.

..you can use your card and they even take Paypal...so you can get up and running while moderators work on your situation.

randomname123

Thank you for your help but I give up. It just takes way too much time to fix a little thing. I'm changing phone company right away. Sorry but someone is waiting for my call I can't wait until tomorrow. Thanks for the help guys but I'm not satisfied with the support service (people here are nice but the support service in general and slow website and unclear way to proceed is really frustrating). Moderators contacted me 15 minute ago and still no more answer like if I was forgotten. Well good day to you all!

If you click on the question mark you will get into chat with Simon and you can type ' human'  then you will have option of creating a ticket

Another way is to go into private messages ( little envelop) click on ne message and type Moderator_Team in the 'to' section. In this case you will counteract them directly but no ticket will bee created and wait time may be linger

Thanks

Joelkim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I changed my visa card to another bank card. It was solved. have no problem so far. But in the case you have only the card, you should tell to your bank credit department. They will help you out! 😄 

Love from me

randomname123

Yeah I understand but I just changed address. I used the same card in my profile and it didn't work. So I just changed it for the right informations and didnt work as well. This should not happen normally.

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@randomname123 wrote:

No the address got changed a few days ago and I used my card many times after that without a problem. The problem is with public mobile. I can use my card on any site/place I usually visit except this one.

If you make payments online and the address you give doesn't match the address your bank has for you, they block payment.  It's a fraud thing.

randomname123

Thank you for the informations about the question mark and the moderators list but I could not see them on my browser. I have firefox, maybe that's why? I found a list of recently online people and contacted 2 moderators. Hopefully they can be online tonight!

randomname123

No the address got changed a few days ago and I used my card many times after that without a problem. The problem is with public mobile. I can use my card on any site/place I usually visit except this one.

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@randomname123 wrote:

Hello! I am having a payment problem. My credit card has been blocked by Public Mobile ONLY (works everywhere else). Could you please unblock it (one of the mods) or people in charge of that? I really need access to my phone. Thank you very much!

Your bank blocked the payment probably because of your address change, so you'll likely have to call them at the phone number on back of your card.

At the bottom right of your screen.

@randomname123 wrote:

@totalUser 

Where can i see the moderators or this question mark please? Thank you

Possible you have appartment number in new address?? 

If so leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank

Moderators to answer your question..Simon.JPG

randomname123

@totalUser 

Where can i see the moderators or this question mark please? Thank you

randomname123

My address changed on my card so I guess that's what caused the issue. So I tried updating my card with the new address but the same error happened. I used my card for other stuff today without a problem.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Need more information  @randomname123 . Did you replace the card on the account? Or are you trying to register a new account? Etc. Thanks.

@randomname123 wrote:

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Please contact moderators by clicking on question mark

In a meantime you can buy a voucher and load it either through selfserve or by dialing 611

Need Help? Let's chat.