cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment on the first day of service

jackoo08
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I started my service on Dec/16/2019 and got billed on my credit card on Dec 16/2019 for a full month's service. my billing cycle should have started on Jan/15/2020. Is this correct, if no how do I get it

corrected .. 

21 REPLIES 21

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks for the clarification. 

@AE_Collector wrote:

@zblackma 

Only in your first month and applied against your first renewal. You get the $2 for Autopay in that month plus the $2 you didn't get off your initial charge when activating.

AE_Collector

@zblackma 

Only in your first month and applied against your first renewal. You get the $2 for Autopay in that month plus the $2 you didn't get off your initial charge when activating.

AE_Collector

@zblackma  Yes if you register for autopay on activation the reward gets applied immediately  and again on renewal.

zblackma

Yes but she has $12. 10 in referral and 2 because of autopay. Doesn't this indicate that the autopay reward for the first month has been given? And the next autopay reward be applied  after the first months payment? Your explanation only works if you get 2 autopay rewards for a total of  $4 in the first month. Is this what happens? Thanks. 

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@jackoo08 wrote:

Hello,

I started my service on Dec/16/2019 and got billed on my credit card on Dec 16/2019 for a full month's service. my billing cycle should have started on Jan/15/2020. Is this correct, if no how do I get it

corrected .. 

I quoted @jackoo08 original post here again.
My take on it was an enquiry why the first month wasn't free or maybe why there wasn't a $15 credit instead of the existing $10 and $2 credits to cover the second month. All the details have been put together in various posts but not together with pointing out that at the time of activation (Dec 16) the second month free promo was for $25 and higher plans only so that $15 credit isn't there. Apparently @jackoo08 used a referal code getting a $10 credit and set up Autopay thus the $2 credit.

I won't bother with all the "what if's" had @jackoo08 avtivated on a higher $ plan for the first month, too late for that and it is just another complication really.

At renewal @jackoo08 should see a $1 charge on his credit card for his second month of service as @darlicious first pointed out I believe.

AE_Collector

I guess it is applied to your account just before renewal in case you removed the credit card before your renewal? The $2 Autopay credit that shows up right after initial activationnis reimbursement for having paid full price at activation.

AE_Collector

@zblackmaAny rewards earned in the previous cycle (other than the community reward) are applied on your renewal before they take funds from your account or charge autopay.

zblackma

@CannonFodder wrote:

C'mon @darlicious , that was some SHODDY reply there!!! 😜

Seriously, though, can we assume you came to that $1 owing on the renewal by way of math like this?:

$15 (plan cost)

- $10 (referral credit already acquired at sign-up)

- $2 (auto-pay reward, also acquired at sign-up)

- $2 (a 2nd auto-pay credited at the next renewal time)

=========================================

$1 (total owing), plus tax, of course.

IF that's how you arrived at that number, you could have elaborated..... if, however, I'm out to lunch on that assumption, forget I said anything..... 😆 

I'm confused, you get the 2nd autopay credit before you pay? I thought you would get that after payment. And that the payment would be $3 ÷ tax.

@CannonFodder  Lol the OP stated as much....hes new has a $12 credit signed up for autopay so I was just simplifying it so he wouldnt be confused by the miswording in the account on when to pay. Ive been well aware of the "pay by 11:59 pm et." date being the plan start date not end date. So imagine y surprise when my rewards were applied a day early  to seemingly stretch my renewal into two days. What irked me was I was going to burn thru 3.4gb of data on the last day and instead left it on the table because i wasnt sure what was going on?!!

C'mon @darlicious , that was some SHODDY reply there!!! 😜

Seriously, though, can we assume you came to that $1 owing on the renewal by way of math like this?:

$15 (plan cost)

- $10 (referral credit already acquired at sign-up)

- $2 (auto-pay reward, also acquired at sign-up)

- $2 (a 2nd auto-pay credited at the next renewal time)

=========================================

$1 (total owing), plus tax, of course.

IF that's how you arrived at that number, you could have elaborated..... if, however, I'm out to lunch on that assumption, forget I said anything..... 😆 

Well he has Autopay set up so he will be charged $1 plus tax to make up the shortfall. He doesn't need to "pay $1" as in create a credit before the reveal date. 

AE_Collector

@jackoo08  The first day of your new cycle will be January 15th 2020. You will need to pay $1 by 11:59 pm et. (eastern) on January 14th.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Yes @jackoo08 as @dabr pointed out, it is correct

There is no monthly charges, cycles are 30 days now

Your due date will shift 5 or 6 days per year, deepening on the length of the year.

@gblackma wrote:

Actually the 2nd month  free promo was changed to include all plans including th $15 per month one.  You should contact a moderator and ask them about it.  I'm on th same plan and got mine. Signed up on the 24th.  Use Simon  (the ?tionmark), type moderator and follow the prompts . Good luck.

@gblackma , actually this promo stated $25 or higher plans it was the promo that started on the 20th was changed to include all plans.  The credits in the OP's account are correct and they will get an additional $2 for autopay on their first renewal

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Actually the 2nd month  free promo was changed to include all plans including th $15 per month one.  You should contact a moderator and ask them about it.  I'm on th same plan and got mine. Signed up on the 24th.  Use Simon  (the ?tionmark), type moderator and follow the prompts . Good luck.

@jackoo08 wrote:

No, I have the $15. Plan + I have a $12.00 Credit in my account

Then your billing is correct, your next payment will be reduced by the credit balance in your account.  Don't forget there is tax to be added to that too.  Welcome to PM:)

jackoo08
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No, I have the $15. Plan + I have a $12.00 Credit in my account

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jackoo08   Did you activate on $25 plan or higher on the Dec. 16th?  If you did then @zblackma  is correct then you should have received a credit equivalent to the cost of plan selected within 6 business days.  However, you still pay for the first 30 days of service first and the credit will be used to pay for next payment cycle.

zblackma

Are you talking about the 2nd month free promo?  You pay for the first month and get a credit in your account for the second month.  A tip would be to sign up for autopay which would get you an additional $2 off each month.

@jackoo08 wrote:

Hello,

i started my service on Dec/16/2019 and get billed on my credit card on Dec 16/2019 for a full month's service. my billing cycle should have started on Jan/15/2020. How do I get this corrected .. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jackoo08 wrote:

Hello,

i started my service on Dec/16/2019 and get billed on my credit card on Dec 16/2019 for a full month's service. my billing cycle should have started on Jan/15/2020. How do I get this corrected .. 

PM is prepaid, you always pay in advance for the next 30 days of phone services.  Your billing is correct.

yanzhiqiang

You have to pay full amount in the first month, then whaterever deal you got will go to second month.

Need Help? Let's chat.