cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment on deactivated account

Jim1980
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I accidentally put a voucher on a deactivated account (system still accepted it though). Is money lost or can I reactivate account and transfer voucher over?

22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr : His reasons were for privacy. This is now a matter of erroneously paying money.

But then it's also a convenience. Say you want to give someone money for their account. Buy the voucher, call the number, redeem the voucher, done. Say for a kid. Say for an aged parent. Do you really have to know the PIN to do that for someone else? What about Instant Top-up? Probably the same problem.

But at the end of the day...if it's your account and you have the SIM and you can't dial 611, you can't login...oh look there's also this 855 number. Away it goes. You have no understanding that the account is closed. You don't ask beforehand why doesn't your account work. You just find a way to pay and hope you get somewhere with it. Alas. The OP didn't seem to have the SIM though.

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr : Excellent test. Not quite the same as a dead number sorta. But I think you're exactly right.

Edit: @dabr : I tried on my old number that I changed from and got the same result as you. Then I called it and someone answered. It was a PM number so I guess that person ported it out.

@Anonymous   Interesting....so OP's deactivated number would still need to be with PM to allow him to load a voucher.   Perhaps Jb456 is right that a PIN should be required to get into the 611 system no matter what.   That would have prevented something like this from happening.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr : Excellent test. Not quite the same as a dead number sorta. But I think you're exactly right.

Edit: @dabr : I tried on my old number that I changed from and got the same result as you. Then I called it and someone answered. It was a PM number so I guess that person ported it out.

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR : It's the 18554public number. It's the other way into the 611 service. All anyone can get is the due date and Available Funds balance. Some don't like that. I personally don't care. Doing anything that matters requires the 4 digit PIN.

@Anonymous no, it has the same menu as 611, but I was wrong as it also requires 4-digit pin# when needed.   So I guess, it is ok... except that it had accepted OP's $$ for a deactivated account.  😁 

@RosieR 

What do you mean "no"? I know that.

But...colour me skeptical. He's disappeared for now though so we can't know what all else is happening with his account.

Edit: @dabr : Correct. But the 855 method requires the 10 digit phone number to get there.

What we need is anyone with a dead account with a dead phone number (not ported out) to try this out and see how far they get short of actually adding a voucher. My bet would be that they would get a similar result as the normal 611. ie. not far. But I could be wrong.

Edit again: Eureka. My previous paragraph twigged this thought. If the account did indeed deactivate and the number was picked up by another PM customer then yes the 855 would happily take the voucher and that customer would think well thank you very much.

@Anonymous   Yes that's more than possible if the old deactivated number is active with a new customer.  

I did try calling a number (via 1-855) that was previously assigned with my suspended account and I got a recorded message saying PM was having difficulty finding that number.  I don't think that number has been put back into the pool yet, so the number would have to be active or still be suspended within the 90 day period I think to accept any sort of payment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR : Sigh. Without a PIN. Some people have expressed concern that even due date and balance are too much without needing a PIN to do anything else that matters. But yes vouchers can be redeemed. I don't think that matters. darlicious ran a campaign to get the payment card behind the PIN. That didn't used to be so. She was successful. Maybe even the voucher should be too now with the OP's possible result.

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR : It's the 18554public number. It's the other way into the 611 service. All anyone can get is the due date and Available Funds balance. Some don't like that. I personally don't care. Doing anything that matters requires the 4 digit PIN.

@Anonymous no, it has the same menu as 611, but I was wrong as it also requires 4-digit pin# when needed.   So I guess, it is ok... except that it had accepted OP's $$ for a deactivated account.  😁 

@RosieR 

But...colour me skeptical. He's disappeared for now though so we can't know what all else is happening with his account.

@dabr : Correct. But the 855 method requires the 10 digit phone number to get there.

What we need is anyone with a dead account with a dead phone number (not ported out) to try this out and see how far they get short of actually adding a voucher. My bet would be that they would get a similar result as the normal 611. ie. not far. But I could be wrong.

@Anonymous you said "All anyone can get is the due date and Available Funds balance." and I said no to that as the menu is the same as 611 

@dabr yes I know vouchers do not need pin# to get uploaded.  

@computergeek541 wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@Jim1980 wrote:

I used the 1-855 number on a different phone to enter the voucher. Even with a new SIM card my phone won't connect to a network

Hi @Jim1980 I've been active in the forums for seven months and have never heard of that 1-855 number.  But I checked and it exists.  Where did you get that 1-855 number?  Strange that that number has not been deactivated because it seems it is not safe because anyone can dial that number and enter any other's PM number and wella!  they get their account info.  No pin required.   pin# required when needed @computergeek541 is this correct?  thanks

I've never actually called the toll free number or *611 to make a top up or purchase an add-on, but from what I recall about past discussions, the information was for the most part, limited to account balance. 

I'd actually be more concerned with the fact that anyone can access a Public Mobile customer's voicemail account.  That issue was borught up but to my knowledge was never fixed and I haven't heard back about that for quite a while now. 

@computergeek541 thank you.  I checked and the menu is the same as 611 and pin# is required when needed.   and I agree with access to voicemail account.

RosieR

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR 

Edit: @dabr : Correct. But the 855 method requires the 10 digit phone number to get there.

Edit again: Eureka. My previous paragraph twigged this thought. If the account did indeed deactivate and the number was picked up by another PM customer then yes the 855 would happily take the voucher and that customer would think well thank you very much.

@Jim1980: What happens when you dial your old number? It could be currently in suspension but it might belong to somebody else. If they answer or you get voicemail then there you go. Your money disappeared. You'll need to now activate your new SIM with a new account and a new number and new unique email address and hope the moderators can reel that money back.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@RosieR   Loading a voucher via 611 doesn't require any PIN except the voucher PIN, of course.

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@Jim1980 wrote:

I used the 1-855 number on a different phone to enter the voucher. Even with a new SIM card my phone won't connect to a network

Hi @Jim1980 I've been active in the forums for seven months and have never heard of that 1-855 number.  But I checked and it exists.  Where did you get that 1-855 number?  Strange that that number has not been deactivated because it seems it is not safe because anyone can dial that number and enter any other's PM number and wella!  they get their account info.  No pin required.  @computergeek541 is this correct?  thanks

I've never actually called the toll free number or *611 to make a top up or purchase an add-on, but from what I recall about past discussions, the information was for the most part, limited to account balance. 

I'd actually be more concerned with the fact that anyone can access a Public Mobile customer's voicemail account.  That issue was borught up but to my knowledge was never fixed and I haven't heard back about that for quite a while now. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jim1980 wrote:

Hi @Jim1980 I've been active in the forums for seven months and have never heard of that 1-855 number.  But I checked and it exists.  Where did you get that 1-855 number?  Strange that that number has not been deactivated because it seems it is not safe because anyone can dial that number and enter any other's PM number and wella!  they get their account info.  No pin required.    EDITED:  4-digit pin# required when needed.  @computergeek541 is this correct?  thanks

About what happened to your funds, if you have tried all the suggestions posted above and you still need to contact the moderators, the preferred way is to click the chat bubble at the bottom right of the page or click this link

This is indeed an interesting situation.  Please keep us posted

Aloha

RosieR

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jim1980 wrote:

Put your old SIM card in your phone.  Dial 611.  Can you access your account?

If yes, you old account is not canceled yet.

If no, you old account was canceled.  Create a support ticket to ask moderator to move your fund.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Oopsies!  😞  It feels horrible when that happens, but I'm also sure that the money didn't just get lost.  We could dig around different details, but if you're confident that you added it on the wrong account, I would agree that contacting a moderator would probably be best because they can look into your account and hopefully move the funds to the proper one.

You can open a ticket through the SIMon chatbot, or directly with the Moderator team at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jim1980 : What happened to the original SIM? So now this is an interesting situation 🙂 that you used the 855 number. Hmm.

Can you log in to the account that the original SIM was used on?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Jim1980 wrote:

I accidentally put a voucher on a deactivated account (system still accepted it though). Is money lost or can I reactivate account and transfer voucher over?

@Jim1980 

You should not have been able to put a payment voucher on a deactivated account.  

Can you sign into the self-serve for that account?   If so, does the dollar value of the payment voucher display in the Available Funds?

I would recommend if it does show  DO NOT REACTIVATE  the account unless you're very close to the 90th day of it being suspended.    Then contact the moderators as outlined above to request it be transferred to the other account (best to have that other account# and phone number on hand for this request).

If you cannot get into the subject account's self-serve, try the payment voucher against the account you wanted it used against and see if it works.   Before you do this, wait 1 hour, clear cache and cookies from device, open incognito tab, then try it.

If you run into any troubles, you're best bet is then placing a ticket to the Moderators.

Jim1980

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jim1980 : Here's the thing though: If your account was deactivated then you wouldn't be able to log in to the self-serve. 611 should not work.

If it's only suspended then you should be able to log in and 611 would tell you you're suspended and want money.

I highly doubt money just disappeared somewhere.

Jim1980

I can't make calls at the moment, SIM card was not activate anymore. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jim1980 : Do you mean suspended? Or fully completely deactivated? If you dial 611 with that PM SIM in the phone, what do you get?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Jim1980 wrote:

Contact a moderator to see if they can transfer it to another PM account.

Contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

(second option below is easiest to submit a ticket)

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.