cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment not recognized -- Is there ANY moderator online?

d16lee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello.

I am desperate as I'm not getting a response from the Moderator group inbox.  Is there ANY moderator online?

For my account, payment was due today. I see this message:

Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactivate your current plan.
Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days if payment is not received. You will lose your phone number and service.

Amount due to top-up your previous plan $114.00
Plan Expiry Date: Aug 17, 2017
Account Deactivation Date: Sep 17, 2017
Current Balance: $6.00

I tried to enter my credit card again and the system says

Unable to process this transaction.
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

The same card was used for my wife's account and it went through. I calso called VISA and they said TWO transactions took place yesterday for Public Mobile, one for each my wife and one for myself.

The $314 is from this morning when I attempted 2 times to pay, but it's still not recognized.  And last night, my payment of $128 was taken as well.

Date Time Type Response Amount
8/18/2017 8:00 Mail/Phone Order Approved $314.05
8/17/2017 7:58 Mail/Phone Order Approved $118.65
8/17/2017 7:58 Mail/Phone Order Approved $128.82

Thanks.

-Dave

29 REPLIES 29

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey there, 

These two issues are not related. @d16lee the issue you had was linked to your credit card however what they are experiencing is a system glitch. You don't need to add any extra money, simply send us a private message with your information and we'll have this fixed 🙂

Thanks, 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

d16lee
It sounds like solution is to buy voucher then apply voucher. There is likely something wrong with the backend. The explanation of too many attempts seems to indicate that.

jocelynscott
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same thing just happened to my husband and i, 2 days into the 90 day plan.... ?

Ahilats
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi, I have paid for 90days plan 10days and now my account is deactivated for the payments.

JonHam

@MarieHelene_L

@d16lee

To be absolutely fair to the mods my service seems to have returned with minutes of securing a couple of vouchers and inputting them into the system. So bravo to them well done.  I would highly recommend that  avenue to anyone who is unable to pay via credit card.

However one has to admit how frustrating it is to suddenly have no phone service without any idea why.  I received no notification that my auto payment had failed and that my service would stop and even when I checked my account it stated that my balance owing was $0. A little heads up would have been nice. I have no problem with paying what I owe just let me!  I am much happier now that everything is working again but I really hope that 3 months down the road I don't encounter the same issue.

MarieHelene_L

@d16lee

As Gregory mentioned in one of your exchanges earlier today, your credit card has automatically been blocked by our system because too many unsuccessful transactions were attempted. He already sent the unblock request and it should get processed on Monday. 

In the meanwhile, you can either pay using another credit card, a visa debit or payment vouchers. 

I do apologize for the delay before you got a response this morning. There was a small backlog and we answer everyone on a first come first serve basis. Be assured that we weren't making you wait on purpose. 

Glad to know everything is now working for you 🙂

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

d16lee

First, @CS_Agent, I can confirm the service is restored.  Thank you for finally working on my request.  Better late than never I suppose. 

@MarieHelene_L - this statement is frankly a cope out.  "The customer service model PM uses isn't for everyone. PM clearly isn't the best choice for customers who prefer to have 24/7 access to a call center. That's something you sign up for and acknowledge when activating with us. I'm sorry to hear it doesn't suit you. "

What does not suit me is unavailable non-existent customer service.  I understand everyone is going towards automation, self-service, and as a customer, it does feel empowering.  It's true that once I provide the credit card screenshot, service was restored shortly after.  But it does not take all day to have a PM Customer Service agent assigned and to finally ask for the right information so that service can be provided.  It is past 7pm now, and you can't say good customer service occurred here, regardless of the delivery method.  If PM is unable to provide good customer service using the model it employs, perhaps PM should look at another method or spell that out.  I am not looking to speak to someone if someone was actually working on my case from the start of the day.  I did not get such rapid response until I became really obnoxious and lost the decorum in my communications, as I did not have time to chase during business hours.  Maybe that is a coincidence and everyone came online after 5pm EST.

BTW, even though, my service is restored, the root cause appear to be still there.  I just tried to put in $10 as a test, and it was not accepted.  I'll stop "spamming" and let Gregory work on it. 

MarieHelene_L

Hey @JonHam

As soon as you top up the required amount your plan will automatically renew. As I've already mentioned multiple times now, you could use another credit card, visa debit or payment vouchers and your problem would be solved within 5 minutes. 

I apologize about the inconveniences, 

Marie

JonHam

I feel your frustration @d16lee I am currently waiting over here same as you are to try to get service back but no luck.  Although unlike you I can't seem to pay again with the credit card I have because their system blocked payment from it???  So now I am left with attempting to track down a voucher or hoping that they will unblock my card before monday. Even if I do get a voucher I still don't have much faith anything will be remedied in a timely manner.

I will support you on the complaint side, its been 3 days without service over here for me and I believe there are others as well.

MarieHelene_L

@d16lee

Caps are not necessary, they won't make us work any faster. 

Gregory is currently working on your case, your service should be restored within a few minutes. 

The customer service model PM uses isn't for everyone. PM clearly isn't the best choice for customers who prefer to have 24/7 access to a call center. That's something you sign up for and acknowledge when activating with us. I'm sorry to hear it doesn't suit you. 

FYI, I removed the image you posted as it was a credit card statement filled with personal information that shouldn't be shared on a public post. That was for your security, sorry if you would've preferred for me to leave it there!

Now please stop spamming, you provided us with what we requested so we will now be able to credit to account and activate your plan. That simple. 

Thank you, 

Marie

d16lee

@CS_Agent

So you guys have time to delete my credit card image, but no time to restore my service?

Awesome. 

Let's spend some more time censoring me then deleting my account.

d16lee

@MarieHelene_L

I understand what Gregory is asking and I am NOT saying he asked for me to top up.  I am saying I am WILLING to do ANYTHING to get my service restored and I AM OFFERING to pay again if that's what it takes to get my service restored IMMEDIATELY.

Overall, it does not take 10 hours for this.  It takes minutes, but this model of providing customer service is a complete failure.  

If you were the customer, will you accept it takes 10 hours (and counting)?

Good companies is measured by how well it supports its customers when something wrong happens.  Do you see me typing in these CAPS at 9am?  

@CS_Agent RESTORE MY SERVICE IMMEDIATELY.  There is no more excuse.  I've provided everything, waited all day for this.  Complete FAIL.  Unacceptable. 

d16lee

Here is my redacted credit card screenshot.  I want my service RESTORED!!!  

Untitled.jpg

Just FYI to all, they have the ability too, but Public Mobile has no record that I've made payment.  @CS_Agent You guys know that you are supposed to keep financial records for 7 YEARS, right?  

RESTORE MY SERVICE IMMEDIATELY!!!!!  

MarieHelene_L

Hey @d16lee

My colleague Gregory very clearly explained to you what you had to do in order to get your services working. It's very simple. 

We did not receive a payment on our end, but you do see a charge from Public Mobile on your credit card. All we are asking is that you provide us with a proof of payment (credit card statement) and we will be able to apply a credit to your account. That simple. 

We are not asking you to top up again. 

We are trying to be accommodating here. We didn't receive a payment on our end so we're simply asking you to provide us with a valid proof of the payment on your credit card. Once we have that, we'll credit your account, and your plan will renew. 

Thanks. 

Marie

d16lee

I like to start sharing my interaction in Private Messages here.  After 10.5 hours, I still have no service.  The @CS_Agent says he can restore service, but my screenshot of a VISA transaction is not enough proof of payment.  This is taking 10.5 hours and is completely CRAP, completely unacceptable.  I run a business and my clients cannot reach me all day, and worse, the voicemai plays - "it is not setup".  I build call centers for a living.  This is complete CRAP.

Below is the message, and trust me, I will follow through.  Get my service restored before tomorrow starts.  It's not a technical problem, and I've shown that I'm willing to do ANYTHING, even temporarily double pay so we can restore service first, and figure out billing issue after.

================ Start of private message reply ========

I think my case is not getting any attention or you are not reading my problem.  I will spell clearly what is the issue

1) My payment was made automatically YESTERDAY.  I shared proof of payment.  If you want it with account numbers and stuff, it will be available TOMORROW.  But my FOCUS now is to have service restoration.  RESTORE MY SERVICE

2) If I have to make ANOTHER payment to get service restoration, just debit the card on profile, as long as one of the charges will be returned back to me once I prove that I made payment ALREADY YESTERDAY.  SO TAKE MY MONEY AGAIN AND RESTORE MY SERVICE.

3) I am reading that you can restore my service.  Please RESTORE MY SERVICE IMMEDIATELY.  As long as my duplicate payment can be refunded, just take another payment now from my profile if you must to that, but RESTORE MY SERVICE.

4) In case my writing is not communicating my frustration and since PM has no call center, I stress the urgency of this support request that has been open for 10.5 hours NOW.  You just confirmed you can restore my service.  So below is the CRTC ticket I will open based on these facts:

A) Did I make payment?  YES

B) Was service delivered to me?  NO

C) Is there a system wide technical issue that is preventing service?  NO

D) Why is there no service AFTER I make payment?  
Because 1) PM customer service is COMPLETE CRAP, 2) PM customer service is not concerned with restoring service yet is spending hours exchanging messages with me with paperwork, confirming payment, etc. 3) Public Mobile should be cited as the reason why Telecommunication Companies must be force to providing REALTIME support, NOT with Forum messaging. 4) Should I wonder if PM just wants to take my money, make me frustrated that I port out my number, and keep my prepaid $120???  Is that lawful busines practice?

So if by tomorrow my service is not restored, I will blast my interaction here in every Social Network I use, and use whatever HASHTAG I need to get this story out, in addition to filing CRTC complaint after complaint that Public Mobile is taking customers money, not providing service when it has the ability to, and we have to wonder if this is systematic to perhaps lighten the load on Public Mobile network, or other reasons.

RESTORE MY SERVICE PLEASE!!!!

Thank you.

-Dave

JonHam

I don't understand this my account hasn't been suspended but I am having the same issue and the best solution they have is to use fongo?  This is pretty **bleep** terrible.  I hope you get a solution soon because I am still waiting over here too.

d16lee

@CS_Agent.  It does not seem like a big issue.  It's not even a system problem.

Still see this.  9 hours with no service now.

Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactivate your current plan.
Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days if payment is not received. You will lose your phone number and service.

I've paid and provided proof of payment.  

Just turn on the TAP guys!!!!  I'm dying here.

Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactivate your current plan.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

My colleague is in the process of treating your request @d16lee, please look out for a reply !

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

d16lee

What is the system status please?  This is not just me given I easily see 3 other people w/ same issue.

Can we get resolution today?

Usually, the concern w/ ISP is quality of service.  This is backend billing stuff, guys. @CS_Agent

Please advise.  I'm going whole day without phone now.  My clients cannot call me.  I got one PM finally saying nothing was paid and I had to show them a screenshot of payment.  Another hour has gone now since I did that....

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

thank you for removing your phone number! We'll get back to you as soon as we can @d16lee 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

d16lee

Mine is still bad!!! 

@Mary_M Can you look at mine?   I sent you a Private Message.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @ikawa,

thank you for sharing your concern !

Rest assured that my colleague will do his best to assist you, look out for a reply, if not already received!

Mary

ikawa

My data is working now, hooray!

ikawa

Guess they were offering us a transfer to Koodoo for a reason ;/

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
That's PM for you. I don't know what happened, but moderators used to be much faster. After they cut social networking support, their response times are actually worse. Streamlining gone wrong

d16lee

I guess when the service works, it works.  But it totally sucks that we can't get support.  Forget about timely support. It's going on 3 hours since they open.

My wife's phone is paid from the same credit card, and her service is fine.  Between yesterday and today, they've debited almost $1000.  (I'm not concerned - VISA will reverse duplicate charges and they have actual customer service.)

They must be busy. They do work 9 to 9 pm est time hopefully someone will get back to u.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

d16lee

Sent 5 messages by now.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Did you send a msg to mod i meant privste msg
Send a private message with your ph#, and your email to mod along your details explaination and they will get back to you.   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If you already send one then hopefully they will get back to you soon with solution.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.