cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment not going through

parthjaggi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently finished my first month with public mobile. Great experience so far, except with the website. 

I have been trying to complete the payment from past 1 week, but its not going through. It says transaction not approved by card issuer. But I have been able to use both my CIBC debit and credits cards everywhere else in shops, so they seem to be working fine. 

Had the same issue when I was trying to setup AutoPay, that gave the same error.

Not sure where the issue is. Kindly help.

10 REPLIES 10

parthjaggi

Payment still failed using incognito. But accepting your solution, as I have submitted the ticket.

@parthjaggi wrote:

I am using CIBC creditcard, associated with Canadian address and I tried at different days so, I was never locked out, but the transaction failed everytime. 

Sometimes there is a caching issue that affects the self serve.  Try adding your payment card in incognito mode.  As already mentioned, if a card is rejected too many times, it can be blacklisted.  So you are not able to add your payment card using incognito mode, I suggest reaching out to the moderator team to see if there are any issues with your account not accepting the card.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If your cards are valid elsewhere, then it could be system issue. Also, be careful how you enter your card info. Has to be correct and without spaces, in some cases. contact a moderator if this can't be resolved.

parthjaggi

I am using CIBC creditcard, associated with Canadian address and I tried at different days so, I was never locked out, but the transaction failed everytime. 

parthjaggi

Use care when entering credit card info...if you live in an apartment, leave out apt #. Make sure postal code is enetered as XYXYXY and not XYX YXY.

Took care of both of them. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You have to use a credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S.

@parthjaggi wrote:

I'll try the voucher part. 

1. But why isn't it going through on their website....if you try unsuccessfully too many times, website will lock you out for an hour or more.

2. Can AutoPay se setup using voucher?...Nope...you must use a valid credit card to set up autopay, but then use vouchers to pay manually. You'll get the autopay reward that way.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@parthjaggi wrote:

I recently finished my first month with public mobile. Great experience so far, except with the website. 

I have been trying to complete the payment from past 1 week, but its not going through. It says transaction not approved by card issuer. But I have been able to use both my CIBC debit and credits cards everywhere else in shops, so they seem to be working fine. 

Had the same issue when I was trying to setup AutoPay, that gave the same error.

Not sure where the issue is. Kindly help.

Use care when entering credit card info...if you live in an apartment, leave out apt #. Make sure postal code is enetered as XYXYXY and not XYX YXY.

parthjaggi

I'll try the voucher part. 

1. But why isn't it going through on their website.

2. Can AutoPay se setup using voucher?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could try calling 611 and make a payment using a voucher or vitrual debit like recharge.com.

Need Help? Let's chat.