cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment missed due to expired credit card

kamalaskantha
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am registered on AutoPay, however I recently got a new credit card because my old one expired. I forgot to update my account with Public Mobile and, as a result, my payment failed. I have now registered the new card on the self serve website, but when I go to pay there is nothing under "Amount Due", so even if I do try to pay the amount due, I get a message that says there's already enough balance. (please see attached photo - the $9 is loyalty and referral rewards). Any assistance the community could provide would be much appreciated.Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 7.44.03 PM.png

4 REPLIES 4

kamalaskantha
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the help, everyone. I went into incognito mode on my internet browser, and the "amount due" showed up, as well as the "current plan" amount (it showed $120 instead of $0). I was able to process my payment through incognito mode and my phone is now up and running. Thanks again!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kamalaskantha what plan are you on? Does it show up on the overview page?

One idea if you are on a current in market plans @I would do a one time manual paymet of your plan cost and then do a plan change.

Once paid if things don't work try the lost stolen trick or a the 1$ top up trick. Don't forget to reboot your phone.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@kamalaskantha That is strange! Try using incognito/private browsing mode or try calling 611 and see if let's you make a payment. 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@kamalaskanthaThat is because your account was suspended due to non payment.

"Simply make a one-time payment from the “Payment” tab in Self-Serve and opt to pay the “Amount Due”. This will cover the new plan cost less any partial payment that was taken. After successful payment, your services should be fully reactivated. If your services aren’t restored, please reach out to our Moderator Team ASAP and they will help get things sorted out. "

But since there is nothing in the amount due, I would make a payment of at least your plan renewal cost, and contact the mod team ASAP. Click this to send them a message. Remember to give a full description of your issue with as much detail and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number so they don’t send you a message back asking for more details. 

In the future think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward. I highly recommend everyone to top off in advance as this process can prevent the somewhat common occurrence which you just experience of autopay failure which causes a HUGE pain in the butt account suspension and loss of service.

Need Help? Let's chat.