cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment issues.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

Hello PM community. 

I am seeing many people with payment issues. Is this an occurrence that happens often you get locked out of your phone because PM system doesn't run properly? And if this is true will PM be upgrading so that their payment portal doesn't crap the bed every month. Or is there something I am missing? 

And for sign-in has PM ever thought of using a 2 step verification like yubikey or even a google 2FA instead of a cell number that someone can SIM swap

Yubico Website here - https://www.yubico.com/products/ (this is the most secure) 

Google 2 Step - https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/1085463?hl=en

Can an OG - or oracle please speak to these issues, maybe to give some positive sentiment or possibly what might be in the works to rectify these questions that come over and over about these two topics? 

Thanks in advance. 

9 REPLIES 9

@Kaveha1 hopefully they will get back to you soon usually 2 to 48 hours depending on workload good luck!

Kaveha1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried to submit a ticket to a human moderator as you mentioned. For some reason the "Submit" button wouldn't work when I had "Visa Debit" or "Credit Card" selected so I sent it without clicking that anyways. Hopefully this can be resolved... 

@Kaveha1 wrote:

@CS_Agent

I have Autopay with my Visa debit set up, The payment due on April 1st didn't go through and my account is suspended. I've gone through all the solutions here and nothing has worked for me, I tried re-registering the card and it still cannot be verified. Can one of the moderators please help?

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

Kaveha1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent

I have Autopay with my Visa debit set up, The payment due on April 1st didn't go through and my account is suspended. I've gone through all the solutions here and nothing has worked for me, I tried re-registering the card and it still cannot be verified. Can one of the moderators please help?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Naepalm wrote:

@Anonymous  you have been with PM for a couple of years now? How is PM compared to other phone companies? I mean as far as their service working, I feel anxious seeing some of these complaints LOL

Sent you a pm. Not the right place. Don't worry about it. If you're going to be a regular here then you'll know what you need to do.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Naepalm wrote:

it could be as well that we are part of this community and other companies like Bell don't have this so we wouldn't see these issues upfront all the time as we are here. 

Exactly right. We only see the complaints. Few people post here saying all is perfect. Although certainly when there is a system problem then everybody is on complaining. Regulars can see those trends developing fairly quickly.

@Luddite wrote:

@Naepalm "I am seeing many people with payment issues. Is this an occurrence that happens often you get locked out of your phone because PM system doesn't run properly?"

Nobody knows. Try doing the math yourself assuming PM has 180,000 customers; i.e. 6,000 renewals every day around 2 am ET.

Thank you for the reply @Luddite  it could be as well that we are part of this community and other companies like Bell don't have this so we wouldn't see these issues upfront all the time as we are here. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Naepalm "I am seeing many people with payment issues. Is this an occurrence that happens often you get locked out of your phone because PM system doesn't run properly?"

Nobody knows. Try doing the math yourself assuming PM has 180,000 customers; i.e. 6,000 renewals every day around 2 am ET.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.