cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment issue.

slackira
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have $10 available balance in my account and I want to use it to for my basic plan. But whenever I head to the payment page I'm always given the credit card payment option which I don't want to use. Please help.

18 REPLIES 18

@vicyee wrote:

I have tried to make the payment online at self service via Visa card payment method. But the payment did not go through. 

@vicyee  PM customer have been experiencing issues with some CC payments so that might be the issue in your case. Since you are out of the country your only choice is to pay using a voucher from: Recharge.com

rp.jpg

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@vicyee  Did you put a travel notice with your bank for your credit card? I don't know how it works but the ip would show you are overseas and your bank might deny the charge. Whenever I travel or make purchases online out of country, I always give travel notices. Not sure if that's why but contact your credit card company, if it's a valid credit card and let them know you are overseas trying to make a purchase at public mobile website so they can help you with the purchase.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@slackira wrote:

It says august 27th. But I'm out of minutes and need to make an urgent call. What do I do?

You are not on a Pay as you go Plan where you pay by the minute. You are on a Prepaid/pay before 30 Day plan with 50 minutes & 50 text. Once you have used up your 50 included minutes you won't be able to make any calls. So you have two options, first one is buy $5 500 Canada Wide Minutes add on which will remain on your account until all used up as long as you keep paying your 30 day plan fees & or the other option is to switch to a different plan with an immediate plan change. 

lubinyeee23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What was the issue when trying to make the payment? Trying to get an idea of the issue that popped up. I've never had any issues with the "auto payment" system personally. 

@vicyeeAlternatively you can pay for a voucher via recharge.com since you have indicated you are not in Canada. Do note they do charge service charge for the service.

vicyee

I have tried to make the payment online at self service via Visa card payment method. But the payment did not go through. 

vicyee

I have tried to use the self-serve account online and making a payment via my credit card and the payment was not successfully made. 

@vicyeeHave you tried the obvious and use your selfserve account?

vicyee

I cannot dail my phone because I’m oversea and do not have the Sim card installed. 

@vicyee wrote:

Need help to make a payment by credit card to reactivate the account. 

@vicyee  Dial 611 from your phone listen yo the prompts and select the make a payment option.

@GinYVR wrote:

@slackiraWhat is your plan? To force an early renweal of plan you either have to pay more or less. Either way your balance will be used first before your payment method will be used.

It looks like 10 as they ran out of minutes, but i didn't think this through as they say my base plan, not my plan, so it may be 15. 

If they have15 plan and still some data, cheapest to install rextnow i guess and they can call.

Just remember to limit background data and it will cost you about 30megs per month on low use.

vicyee

Need help to make a payment by credit card to reactivate the account. 

@slackira wrote:

It says august 27th. But I'm out of minutes and need to make an urgent call. What do I do?

@slackira  Always a good idea to have backup. Just use $5 from your balance and purchase the 500 minute Canada wide talk addon. The addon never expires and can be used when your plan runs out of minutes until it is all used up.

@slackiraWhat is your plan? To force an early renweal of plan you either have to pay more or less. Either way your balance will be used first before your payment method will be used.

@slackira wrote:

Best options buy 500 minutes fur 5 , they don't expire they role into next month and stay with you as long a you keep your account.

Next best option reach out to moderators to renew you early, it may take 2 days. Another option is to switch to 15 plan and schedule switch back to10 plan right away for the next renewal ( as they announced that10 plan may disappear, if you switch to 15 now and right away schedule the switch to 10 inn 30 days you will lock in 10 plan)

i find 15 great upgrade, you get unlimited incoming small data that you can use with textnow to have unlimited canada and usa calling and you get unlimited texting too.

But if you didn't use phone except for emergencies, 5 addon is best.

slackira

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

You cannot force the payment of the plan, it is done automatically

If you try to pay you are actually trying to load the account with more funds

The system will take care off it. If you have enough on the account, nothing to do on your part. If your account states expired, don't worry give it up to 16 hours the payment will go through. Aas long as your features are all working, you are fine

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@slackira wrote:

I have $10 available balance in my account and I want to use it to for my basic plan. But whenever I head to the payment page I'm always given the credit card payment option which I don't want to use. Please help.

@slackira When is your renewal date? The system will automatically use your $10 in your account balance first during renewal so there is nothing for you to do. 

Need Help? Let's chat.