cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment issue

hfeng084
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I changed to a cheaper plan for the month and Public just charged me again twice, and now I have tripple the monthly charge for my plan. It says my plan's next payment is in Jan, and I do not have any credit for the extra charges.

Annotation 2018-12-18 111547.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hfeng084 I'm trying to interpret your transaction history (and I have some experience doing this), and it looks to me like you changed your plan immediately twice.

It looks like you activated on Dec 1st on a data-only plan and then changed on Dec 7th to a province-wide talk-only plan, and then on Dec 9th to a text-only plan?  Is that right?  It seems very odd choices if it's correct.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@hfeng084, when you change your plan, the option is there (you may need to scroll) to update immediately, or on your next renewal.

If you choose Immediate, there is a warning message that tells you it is going to cost you the full amount.  This means your previous prepaid period is going to be forfeited, and your new plan will be in effect for the next 30- or 90-day period.  You are prompted to accept or cancel this.

The option to change on your next renewal will do just that, and you'll pay at that time, with your new plan.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@hfeng084, did you select the plan change to take effect immediately?  If so, then you will be charge immediately for the plan change.  This service is prepaid and does not offer refunds for previously purchased service. 

Need Help? Let's chat.