cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment failed

psk0812
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I have been a public customer for a few months. The auto pay always worked fine. This month I logged in to see my auto pay has failed. I have been trying for hours to register my card but it keeps saying reg. Failed.    Is there any way to make a one off payment or Should I just switch to a different. Company and port my number. I need my phone, but it looks like Public don't  want my business!

12 REPLIES 12

mchuahua
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Phone services are not working. Unable to text either. 611 with registered CC also gives error. I've already contacted PM mods.

@mchuahua wrote:

I have the same problem. I'm on autopay and I tried to make a call. Says my account is suspended. Checked my public mobile account and tried to pay, but says unable to process transaction...

@mchuahua   Are your phone services working? Unless your services have stopped also, it's safe to ignore that message as it's a known irritant during renewal.

You can also try making a payment by dialing 611 either with your registered CC or prepaid voucher purchased from any retailer or gas/convenience store.

mchuahua
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the same problem. I'm on autopay and I tried to make a call. Says my account is suspended. Checked my public mobile account and tried to pay, but says unable to process transaction...

garfimon

ok thanks!

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@garfimon wrote:

The same thing has suddenly happened to me. I have tried adding money through 611. I have tried adding money manually. I get this message: 

"Unable to process this transaction.
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged." 

My credit card has plenty of funds. My credit card has been working for autopay for months. My credit card has not expired. 

For situations like this, it would be nice to get some proper support.

@garfimon hi if all else fails click on the? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator say credit card not working      check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours

garfimon

Hi - i tried in a different browser with empty cache, and also my phone, but i get the same error...

@psk0812  and @garfimon   Can you both try clearing your cache/cookies and use a different browser with incognito/private mode enabled.  Then retry making your payments.

garfimon

The same thing has suddenly happened to me. I have tried adding money through 611. I have tried adding money manually. I get this message: 

"Unable to process this transaction.
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged." 

My credit card has plenty of funds. My credit card has been working for autopay for months. My credit card has not expired. 

For situations like this, it would be nice to get some proper support.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@psk0812 Unfortunately, Autopay can fail time to time. Make a manual payment through your self-service account and restart your phone.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

instant top up-01.jpeg

@psk0812 you can go to Esso for an instant top up to get your services working while you wait for your card to be registered by customer support

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@psk0812 you can buy a voucher at any of these locations.vouchers.jpg

Note, not all vouchers are created equal. For instant top ups try gas ststions. Please note, to port your number out, your account must be active unless you port to Koodo or Telus.

Now about your credit card. Remove the one currently. Restart your device wait 1 hour from last attempt, clear your browser history,  go to private/ incognito mode and try again to add it.  When entering your credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

If you get it added, you may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or Using 611 to make your payment: ( you need your 4 digit pin to buy an add on)
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

If it fails, your credit card may be locked from too many attempts. Contact the moderators and ask them to add it for you, apply payment and to reativate your service for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@psk0812 wrote:

Hello, I have been a public customer for a few months. The auto pay always worked fine. This month I logged in to see my auto pay has failed. I have been trying for hours to register my card but it keeps saying reg. Failed.    Is there any way to make a one off payment or Should I just switch to a different. Company and port my number. I need my phone, but it looks like Public don't  want my business!

Try dialing 611 to make your payment.

Need Help? Let's chat.