cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment due date

Danilorpaixaoo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a little upset with the company.  I was supposed to be paying for a 30 days service, but I realized that my payment date has been decreasing in the last 4-5 months (it should be on the 20th but now it’s on the 16th of each month), so it means that now my plan has a coverage of less than 30 days. I’d like to know if you can fix this? Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Danilorpaixaoo , it sounds about right to see a 5 day shift in the payment date over a year time.  12 payments cover 360 days while a year is 365 days except for leap year.  Another way to look at it is payment day moves forward one day on 31 day months, stays the same on 30 day months and moves back 2 days in February.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Danilorpaixaoo 

This is how it works with PM.

There are 365 days in the year (366 for leap year).

So with other providers, you pay 12 times a year.

With PM, you pay 12 times plus 5 (or 6) days. So that's one extra payment every 6 years.

Once you sign-up for AutoPay, you'll get back more than that during those 6 years.

And for every year you stay with PM, you'll get $1 off each renewal (maximum $5 for loyalty reward). You definitely pay less with PM.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Danilorpaixaoo wrote:

I am a little upset with the company.  I was supposed to be paying for a 30 days service, but I realized that my payment date has been decreasing in the last 4-5 months (it should be on the 20th but now it’s on the 16th of each month), so it means that now my plan has a coverage of less than 30 days. I’d like to know if you can fix this? Thank you!

Some months have 31 days. Depending on how it goes, you might not pay in February at all. It's just the random wacky nonsense of having a 30 day billing cycle rather than a monthly one. You even identified in your OP that you knew it was 30 days. October has 31 days an example so that would bump your day of the month you paid on right there. Heck, you might even pay twice in one month depending on how it goes (on 1st and 31st)!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Danilorpaixaoo wrote:

You did not ask enough question before activate you PM plan.  PM billing cycle is 30 days and is not monthly.  Therefore, PM payment due date change for the months with 31 days and 28 days.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Danilorpaixaoo wrote:

I'm a little upset with the company.  I was supposed to be paying for a 30 days service, but I realized that my payment date has been decreasing in the last 4-5 months (it should be on the 20th but now it’s on the 16th of each month), so it means that now my plan has a coverage of less than 30 days. I’d like to know if you can fix this? Thank you!

Payment date has to change. You aren't paying by month and it's not 16th or 20th or each month. If you count 30 days, you don't always get the same date.  This is how it works. There's nothing to fix.

Need Help? Let's chat.