cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment difficulty

BCB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I attempted to do a one time payment and continued to get the response "Unable to Process Transaction. Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged." I did a one time payment for extra data last month and this card has been used for my autopay for over a year. Nothing has changed. I tried a different browser, different credit card, not putting in the apartment number and tweaking the address. My payment is due in ten days and I am concerned that my payment won't go through. Please help. 

21 REPLIES 21

tedtherrien
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried again just now for $24 and the top up worked just fine.  Thanks all for your advice.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello tedtherrien,

Please try to follow the steps the other community members are providing and in case is still not working you can anytime submit a ticket by using SIMon! Someone from the moderator's team is gonna reply and help you as fast as possible! 

Thanks to everyone who's trying to help as well!

Best Regards,Daniel-Moderator's Team

@tedtherrien wrote:

Yesterday I made a $25 one time payment to my account using my credit card on file.  This top up is necessary so that I can purchase a USA roaming add on this Friday.  My account balance has not increased as expected.

Log into My Account / Data and Add-ons...perhaps you bought the 10 Day US Roaming add-on already ?

tedtherrien
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yesterday I made a $25 one time payment to my account using my credit card on file.  This top up is necessary so that I can purchase a USA roaming add on this Friday.  My account balance has not increased as expected.

@geopublic wrote:

@BCB wrote:

If my payment doesn't go through and it continues to not accept my credit cards what do you suggest I do at that point? Will my phone be cut off immediately?

@BCB  If the onetime payment isn't going through then the Autopay will also not work. Sounds like a security lock has been triggered by the PM system and needs to be cleared by the moderator team before you can use your credit card again.

If the issue hasn't been resolved by your renewal date another option in addition to purchasing a voucher from a retail location you can use ding.com or recharge.com to find your account.

@BCB 

@geopublic  is probably right. If your card works elsewhere and you've confirmed that with the issuer the pm computer has triggered the security lock. Or a glitch when you first tried to pay and before it fixed itself you had made too many attempts and that triggered the security lock. Either way you need the moderators help. Worst case scenario you go online or find a retailer that does instant top ups via your phone number. If you use a voucher try it thru 611 to avoid using your account until fixed. But you have at least a week so it 'll all be sorted by then.

@BCB wrote:

If my payment doesn't go through and it continues to not accept my credit cards what do you suggest I do at that point? Will my phone be cut off immediately?

@BCB  If the onetime payment isn't going through then the Autopay will also not work. Sounds like a security lock has been triggered by the PM system and needs to be cleared by the moderator team before you can use your credit card again.

If the issue hasn't been resolved by your renewal date another option in addition to purchasing a voucher from a retail location you can use ding.com or recharge.com to find your account.

@darlicious wrote:

@BCB wrote:

Yes contact the moderators via Simon (?) They are responding quite quickly...within a day. You still have lots of time to sort this out. It could just be the pm site and your account is glitchy. If your card information is on your account you can phone 611 and top it up that way.

I think @sunflowershine  was thinking you were trying to renew your plan early. And you were not trying to pay...but just add to your current balance so there is enough funds to cover the amount due on your renewal date. Correct?

@BCB wrote:

Yes contact the moderators via Simon (?) They are responding quite quickly...within a day. You still have lots of time to sort this out. It could just be the pm site and your account is glitchy. If your card information is on your account you can phone 611 and top it up that way.

@BCB wrote:

If you do not have enough balance in your Public Mobile account when the system attempts to renew your plan, you service will stop working.

There are other ways to pay including purchasing a top up voucher from a retail store. Hopefully, the credit card payment can be sorted before such steps need to be taken.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@BCBYou could contact the moderators.. and yes your phone will be cut off if you don't have a balance in your account enough to cover the plan you want to purchase for the next 30 days.

BCB

@BCB wrote:

Hello, 

Thank you for your response. I have tried multiple times over the last two weeks. 

So nothing has changed in regards to your credit card? No replacement, new expiry, cbc etc.. and the billing address? On the statement is it in capital letters ? Has anything changed with it from your previous statement. And you've used the card in the last day or so.?.So it definetly works.

BCB

Hello, 

Thank you for your response. I had no luck with any of your tips. 

BCB

Hello,

Thank you for your help. Could you clarify what you mean by 'process the same plan'? I was attempting to add credit to my account. 

BCB

Hello, 

Thank you for your response. I have tried multiple times over the last two weeks. 

BCB

BCB

Hello, 

Thank you for your help. I am signed up for auto pay with the same credit card and have never had any difficulties. However, when I tried to add money to my account with a one time payment it didn't work. My concern is that since it is the same card will my autopay payment be declined as well. 

@sunflowershine wrote:

@BCB If you try to process the same plan again, the system won't allow you to do so. You said that your plan is due in 10 days, so won't worry about that. 

You only have to add a credit to your balance. As long as your balance is equal to or more than the amount owing no other work is required  the system will do the rest automatically on your renewal date. If you are entering the same credit card as used previously with no new update (replacement card with new number or expiry  date etc..) why not set up auto pay for the $2 reward? You won't have to enter the credit card info each time time but can still go in and top up your balance manually to avoid any auto pay glitches on your renewal day.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BCB If you try to process the same plan again, the system won't allow you to do so. You said that your plan is due in 10 days, so won't worry about that. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@BCB wrote:

I attempted to do a one time payment and continued to get the response "Unable to Process Transaction. Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged." I did a one time payment for extra data last month and this card has been used for my autopay for over a year. Nothing has changed. I tried a different browser, different credit card, not putting in the apartment number and tweaking the address. My payment is due in ten days and I am concerned that my payment won't go through. Please help. 

The address on the CC has to be exactly the same as the one in your account, leave out apt # and make sure there are no spaces in the postal code.  Also check your CC's expiry date.

You can also try incognito mode if the different browser didn't work.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Wait for a few hours and try again.  Make sure to restart your browser before trying again.

Need Help? Let's chat.