cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment declined

beckum
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to find out how to get my card working with public mobile, they won't accept it, all the information is correct, nothing is wrong with the card. 

13 REPLIES 13

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@TheGx wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@TheGx wrote:

Also, always turn off VPN when processing credit cards online, I always get error messages when VPN is on - then as soon as I turn it off the transactions go though.

I thought VPN ensured more security, so wouldn't turning it off mean sending sensitive information might get compromised?

You are right that VPN hides sensitive information, but credit cards companies use your sensitive information to decide whether or not to let a transaction proceed or not, so that why VPN could hider online purchases.

So far haven't this issue myself, but something to keep in mind I guess should it ever arise, thanks.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dabr wrote:

@TheGx wrote:

Also, always turn off VPN when processing credit cards online, I always get error messages when VPN is on - then as soon as I turn it off the transactions go though.

I thought VPN ensured more security, so wouldn't turning it off mean sending sensitive information might get compromised?

You are right that VPN hides sensitive information, but credit cards companies use your sensitive information to decide whether or not to let a transaction proceed or not, so that why VPN could hider online purchases.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@TheGx wrote:

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@beckum wrote:

I need to find out how to get my card working with public mobile, they won't accept it, all the information is correct, nothing is wrong with the card. 

Are you using a credit card issued by a Canadian or US bank, with a billing address in Canda or the US?  If not, this is your first problem to resolve.

Do you live in an apartment or unit?  Try putting the address UnitNumber + "hyphen" + HouseNumber and leave apartment blank.  As stated above, the postal code should contain no spaces

If you can not get the card to be accepted, trying to buy a voucher at one of the local retailers or try using recharege.com to get it online.

TheGx

TheGx

@Dogbert wrote:

@beckum wrote:

One way to determine if it's a PM issue/credit issuer issue to try a transaction on the PM site.  After failing & waiting 2 mins. later; call your credit agent to see if there was an attempted charge.  If they say yes, then it's your credit that rejected the transaction; if no, then it never made it that far.

In my case above, my credit agent confirmed there was attempted charge and they let it go though, but Public stoped it - the error message from Public just said error, didn't specify that Public stoped the attempted charge.  So, when I got the transaction number from my credit agent to prove to Public it was there fault, the Moderator Team fixed it to go though next time.

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@beckum wrote:

One way to determine if it's a PM issue/credit issuer issue to try a transaction on the PM site.  After failing & waiting 2 mins. later; call your credit agent to see if there was an attempted charge.  If they say yes, then it's your credit that rejected the transaction; if no, then it never made it that far.

TheGx

I had problems too with processing credit card info, I even called my credit card company to ask what the problem was and they told me nothing wrong on their end and they gave me transaction numbers to give to Public Mobile Moderator Team to prove it.  In the end the Moderator team fixed everything, and in future I leave the APT field blank and put entire address into one field and that seems to help, and also I never fill out the middle name part just fill out first and last name - I find only filling in the required fields with red stars besides them, and leaving the nonrequired fields blank, works best.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bowen6844 wrote:

Since the site is still fairly new I find that it is easiest to do it over the phone. Though Public doesn't have a call center you can call *611 on your phone and follow the prompts and it can set you up on auto pay with a CC. That way you can avoid the site.

Hope this helps! : )

Good of you to pipe in but not quite. The 611 service can only toggle autopay off or on when a credit card has already been registered in the self-serve. Once registered then you can make payments, buy add-ons and toggle autopay. (you can make payments and buy add-ons with vouchers too of course)

bowen6844
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Since the site is still fairly new I find that it is easiest to do it over the phone. Though Public doesn't have a call center you can call *611 on your phone and follow the prompts and it can set you up on auto pay with a CC. That way you can avoid the site.

Hope this helps! : )

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you still have difficulty with it then try contacting a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@beckum wrote:

@beckum  Click the My Account buttom top right of this page.

1) Login to Selfserve, click Payment tab.
2) Below "One Time Payment" and "Manage Auto Pay" options there is a very small link
"Manage my card - Update or remove my Credit or Visa debit card"
3) two options are available: "Replace this credit card" and "Remove this credit card"

Use "Replace this credit card" to update the CC info

Note: When entering the postal code do not enter any spaces. Also do not use the unit number field even if you live in an apartment or condo.

Hope this helps!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@beckum 

The website is finicky.  The address needs to be exactly as your credit card billing address.  If your address has an apartment number, leave that section blank.  Trying a different web browser, clearing cache or going incognito mode helps.  Give some time in between attempts also sometimes help.  

Need Help? Let's chat.