cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment declined September 2020 for no reason

zandy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good morning,

I have used my current valid credit card on auto pay for months with no problem.  Yesterday I had a message that my payment was declined by my issuing bank, the payment page will also not accept my husbands card, which was accepted the day before for his autopay. 

I have spoken with my issuing bank and there are no declines on my current statement and there is no reason for my card to be declined. 

I noticed that there are others on the community board yesterday indicating they are having payment problems.  Please advise when this will be rectified.

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

@kbisbee.

You've had an autopay failure.....unlike the OP we don't know if you're is a general autopay fail or a more specific one like @zandy Has had that is specific to the credit card.

You can certainly submit a service ticket to the moderators via simple simon and you may need to but if you have experienced a run of the mill failure and your credit card still works then all you have to do is pay for your renewal either thru 611 with a voucher or your card registered for autopay or thru your self serve account. Click reactivate if necessary and reboot your phone.

Make sure you clear your browser, open one tab only in secret/incognito mode using firefox, chrome or safari. When you choose amount choose other and add $1 over your plan amount or amount owing and submit. If the system takes the payment but does not apply it then click on reactivate. If it doesn't reactivate go to the lost/stolen feature.

Report phone lost. Log out. Wait one minute. Log in. Report found. Log out. Reboot.

If you still do not have service then talk to Simon or send a private message to contact the moderators. Wait and keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kbisbee wrote:

48 hours?  48 hours without phone service is an obscene amount of time, especially when this is a problem with your service.  Fix it, now.  I've just spent over an hour to try and get through this problem with the chat box, which was useless, and then having to create a community account and answer more questions to create a ticket.  

Yup. Fix it, now. It's terrible.

In the meantime, there are options. You can buy a voucher from many stores online or the instant top-up from some stores. Then use the 611 service to redeem the voucher. You might even be able to make a payment with the pre-registered payment card that doesn't work in the self-serve. Let us know if that idea works.

@kbisbee wrote:

48 hours?  48 hours without phone service is an obscene amount of time, especially when this is a problem with your service.  Fix it, now.  I've just spent over an hour to try and get through this problem with the chat box, which was useless, and then having to create a community account and answer more questions to create a ticket.  

48 hours is approximate. It could be 10 minutes or it could be 10 hours.

@kbisbee Try this:

Contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

kbisbee

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@zandy  You must assume this bug will never be fixed and act accordingly. 😢
One annoying, but safe, approach is to leave autopay engaged and make a manual payment for your renewal amount. 

zandy

Thanks, all great helpful info!

@zandy 

Do you have service? Do you have another card you can use to pay and reactivate? You can purchase a voucher at london drugs, SDM, Shell, Mobil for immediately redeemable payments thru 611. The moderators/ tech team can fix the issue but it can take a couple of days it's a glitch with the security of the credit card.

Once you contact the moderators keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times.

zandy

Thank you! Will try this.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@zandy There is an ongoing issue with the "AutoPay" on some accounts failing and then having other issues when people try and fix it. A moderator can help you out. You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the question mark bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system, use "autopay failed" as a subject;

kevenv_2-1599233493879.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.