cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment date withdrawal change

Lysawood
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi.  I signed up for public mobile about 6 months ago.  I’m a single mom with a very stick budget.   My set up was to have my auto pay come out of my account on the 20 th of each month.   First 2 payment came out of my account on the 19 th.  After that it’s been the 18 th , 17 th and now 16 th.  I have 2 accounts 1 for myself and 1 for my son.  So example this month the autopay tried taking their payment on the 16 th, instead of the 20 th , leaving both me and my son without a phone or text mobile to communicate.  How do I change this date of autopay coming out back to the 20 th of each month like agreed ?

19 REPLIES 19

Lysawood

Thank you so much 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lysawood a little more context for you on the dates.

January: because December is 31 days long, your January payment will come out one day earlier than your December payment

February: because January is 31 days long, you February payment will come out one day earlier than your January payment

March: because Feb is 28 days, your March payment will come out 2 days later than your February payment [except in leap years, when it will come out 1 day later]

April: Because March has 31 days, your payment will come out 1 day earlier than your March payment

May: Because April has 30 days, your May payment will be on the same day as your April payment was

June: Because May has 31 days, June will come out 1 day earlier than May

July: Because June has 30 days, your July payment will be the same day as June payment

August: 1 day earlier than July payment

September: 1 day earlier than August payment

October:  same day as September payment

November: 1 day earlier than October payment

December:  same day as November payment

And repeat.

EDIT: note that there will be occasional times when you will have two payments in the same calendar month

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Lysawood 

As per the suggestions just pick the day of the month thats ideal to make a payment. So if its the payday that doesnt go towards rent/mortgage then just pay that day by calling 611 or logging in and making a payment. You can purchase $10 vouchers at london drugs that count towards and can be redeemed thru the LD extras program. 10 purchases/visits = $5 + $5 for your birthday= $10 public mobile voucher (+tax)= 1 purchase/visit or get a koho card and get a minimum 3% cashback on your pm payments. Just make sure the day you choose to pay is before your renewal.

Edit: You can still pay on the 20th of each month youll just have to manually pay it yourself rather than relying on the autopay to charge your card. This gives you an opportunity to review your account each month and it guarantees you will never lose service if your autopay fails.

@Anonymous wrote:

Or the account linked to a Visa/Mastercard Debit. Times are tough for many people.

@Anonymous I never thought of the Visa debit, I never had one. Apologies to all.

@Lysawood Check your Messages.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kb_mv wrote:

@Lysawood wrote:

Yes , as it changes monthly 

@Lysawood I'll assume this was a reply to my question. The moving date doesn't have any bearing on your credit card working unless there was no room on the card?

Or the account linked to a Visa/Mastercard Debit. Times are tough for many people.

@Lysawood wrote:

@Lysawood I'll assume this was a reply to my question. The moving date doesn't have any bearing on your credit card working unless there was no room on the card?

Lysawood

Lysawood

Thank you ☺️

Lysawood

Yes agree 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Lysawood wrote:

So example this month the autopay tried taking their payment on the 16 th, instead of the 20 th , leaving both me and my son without a phone or text mobile to communicate. 

@Lysawood Are you saying the autopay on your credit card was not successful and left you without service?

Lysawood

Thank you for your help 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lysawood wrote:

The retailer said auto pay would come out the same date  the account was created , which was the 20 th of the month.  It’s changing now every month 😔

And it will continue to change. Unfortunately, the retailer is mis-informed. kselmak has the suggestion for you. When your budget allows make a manual payment. Think of it like a "monthly" bill. Then that amount will get used at your next renewal. Just keep watch when the renewal date catches up to your own date. Maybe your budgetary restraints will loosen up by then.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sounds like that retailer needs training on Public Mobile. Plans are 30 days.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Lysawood...

all of PM regular plans are renewable every 30 days....never were 1 month plans.

You can prepay your plan at anytime and still get the Autopay Reward, as long as you have a valid credit card or Visa debit on your account.

@Lysawood they were not correct, it cannot come out on the same day. That happens with postpaid and i heard of only one prepaid that charges monthly

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Lysawood 

Hi

The renewal is done every 30 days, it will shift 5-6 days every year.

You can pay once per month on the same date manually, you will still receive you autopay reward. Just be careful of the month when your cycle renews on that day, you should pay double the month before. This may happen once in 5 years

Lysawood

The retailer said auto pay would come out the same date  the account was created , which was the 20 th of the month.  It’s changing now every month 😔

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lysawood : What do you mean by "like agreed"? Did a retailer say that it would be the same day each month? Was that a requirement you said to the retailer and they said uh huh. As mentioned...not.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Lysawood wrote:

Hi.  I signed up for public mobile about 6 months ago.  I’m a single mom with a very stick budget.   My set up was to have my auto pay come out of my account on the 20 th of each month.   First 2 payment came out of my account on the 19 th.  After that it’s been the 18 th , 17 th and now 16 th.  I have 2 accounts 1 for myself and 1 for my son.  So example this month the autopay tried taking their payment on the 16 th, instead of the 20 th , leaving both me and my son without a phone or text mobile to communicate.  How do I change this date of autopay coming out back to the 20 th of each month like agreed ?

@Lysawood You can't have a fixed payment date here because plans are not monthly, they are 30 days long. You could pass right by February without making a payment if the dates lined up. Of course this also means in a month with 31 days, you could pay on the first and 31st. Of course being pre paid you are paying for the NEXT 30 days so you aren't losing out at all.

Need Help? Let's chat.