cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment card rejected

Burkie12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just got my sim today and have been trying all day to set up payment but it keeps rejecting it. It’s an RBC Vida debit card with plenty funds to meet the amount. Very frustrating - help please. 

5 REPLIES 5

Himanshu1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As mentioned by the community members, the payment page for public mobile is not very good. I had a tough time paying for the very first time as well. Usually they block the account for 50 minutes after which you should try again 

You should also try clearing up the cache or try a new browser. That worked for me 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Burkie12Unfortunately if the address formatting etc fails, you might get your card locked out. You can try contacting the moderators to get them to manually add the card for you .. but that will involve you giving them your card number.

Public Mobile's payment system is quirky. I highly recommend use the path of least resistance and use another card or a voucher.. life is too short to get too engrossed with this bug.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Burkie12 wrote:

Just got my sim today and have been trying all day to set up payment but it keeps rejecting it. It’s an RBC Vida debit card with plenty funds to meet the amount. Very frustrating - help please. 

@Burkie12 

Note: When entering the postal code do not enter any spaces. Also do not use the unit number field even if you live in an apartment or condo and use a desktop browser if you can.

Hope this helps!

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Burkie12 hi try using a different browser chrome in ingognito mode works sometime try a different device to register your cc if one is available if you have another cc try that also , I hear some people having issues with rbc debit good luck

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Burkie12 

The website can be finicky.  You can try a different web browser, clearing cache or going incognito mode.  Chrome incognito works well.  

Make sure that the name and address exactly matches your banking information.  If apartment number, leave that section blank.  

Also, double check online to make sure that you were not charged.  Sometimes, the payment does go through.  

Need Help? Let's chat.