cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Problem - PM won't take my card as payment

SydneyV
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,  

I'm trying to pay my balance due. I have autopay turned on but I didn't get a chance to put money on my card until this afternoon after Public Mobile's auto pay kicked in. I had enough on my card for it to take some money but not all. So I went onto the website to pay the rest after I put the money on my account and I keep getting a message saying my card was declined by my card provider. I called my card provider and they told me I have no holds or blocks on my account so they cannot see why the card is being declined as the funds I deposited earlier today are on the account. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you deal with it? 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

There is issue on payment site sometimes appears.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertQc

I might be misunderstanding things but I think things have changed somewhat recently. There's no update. Just replace and remove. But maybe remove is still needed. Not sure.

@AnonymousAlso not sure, it looks like just the wording was changed in only part of self-serve.

It says "Manage my card - Update or remove my Credit or Visa debit card"

Update

Remove

When you go further, it says

Replace

Remove

Not sure the difference of replace vs update? Or why when you click update, it says replace?

Click on Replace and you get a blank form. So logic (hah) would suggest it effectively removes the prior one.

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertQc

I might be misunderstanding things but I think things have changed somewhat recently. There's no update. Just replace and remove. But maybe remove is still needed. Not sure.

@AnonymousAlso not sure, it looks like just the wording was changed in only part of self-serve.

It still says "Manage my card - Update or remove my Credit or Visa debit card"

Update

Remove

When you go to the next step by clicking, it only gives you

Replace

Remove

Not sure the difference of replace vs update? Or why when you click update, it says replace?

SydneyV
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you so much! I tried it in incognito mode and it finally accepted the payment! You've been a great help! Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@SydneyV wrote:

Hi,  

I'm trying to pay my balance due. I have autopay turned on but I didn't get a chance to put money on my card until this afternoon after Public Mobile's auto pay kicked in. I had enough on my card for it to take some money but not all. So I went onto the website to pay the rest after I put the money on my account and I keep getting a message saying my card was declined by my card provider. I called my card provider and they told me I have no holds or blocks on my account so they cannot see why the card is being declined as the funds I deposited earlier today are on the account. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you deal with it? 

Thanks

@SydneyV

The website can be fussy. You can try different browser / clearing cache and sometimes private browsing / incognito mode.  Confirm the billing address from your credit card statement is exact, including periods, spaces, capitalization and punctuation. If you live in unit/apt 206 and the billing address on your statement is "206-XXX street name" then enter it as that, and leave the apt field empty. Try removing / adding a space from the postal code.

Public mobile accepts Credit card or Visa Debit card issued by a Canadian or American financial institution and is registered to a Canadian or American address, or a Public Mobile payment voucher. The voucher can be had from recharge.com for payment, but not autopay, you can also register with autopay a pre-paid visa card for autopay, YMMV but I know that one works from Canada Post.

EDIT- also remember to completely remove the old card before trying to re-add it

Need Help? Let's chat.